What's new

Reactions to your S15

S

S15 SILVIA

I let my mrs drive mine, and I don't mind, she knows its quite special, and not to mess it up!
Lol
All I've told her is that I don't mind if she gives it some ****e, just to make sure she's got it straight before she guns it because of it being rwd.
She'd have the rear end overtake the front otherwise. Lol

Reaction score
I finally picked my car up today. 4 1/2 hours on the train, which was gay.

I got about 17 miles away from where I picked it up and stopped off at a petrol station to fill it up. Some random guy came up to me and warned me the police were down the road hiding behind a bush, lol. He obviously thought the car must have looked fast enough for a prior warning. I'd actually already gone past them though at a very steady speed.

The rest of the journey home, which was a good 3 1/2 hours drive, I had passengers in cars straining themselves to look back at the car as I pootled along in the inside lane of the motorway.

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
you doing it too lol, mine comes off end of september until after crimbo, but i'm looking forward to it :)
Yea dude 2.2 looking @ 400+ at the wheels fingers crossed :) am looking forward to it but I am not looking forward to the daily driver untill then lol :wack:

Last edited:

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
i get the skyline question loads!

loads of people stop take a second look ive thumbs up. was cruising on the motorway the other day and some builders were shouting at me askin what it was lol

and i get omg those wheels are mint must be a pain to clean lol

it turns heads as much as my rx7 did

Reaction score
I'm sure there was a thread on here before about reactions to S15's.

I can't remember for the life of me who it was but it made me chuckle.

Someone had their S15 parked in a carpark (think maybe a supermarket) - and an old lady pulled up to park in her car near this S15. When she got out she told whoever that it was a nice car, liked the colour and asked what make it was. xxxx replied that it was a Nissan. And heres the bit that made me laugh - "oh.. I didn't know Nissan made any nice cars!"

I think you had to be there lol! But I shall try to find the post on here!

Reaction score
i don't get many chavs trying to race me i think they instantly assume they don't stand a chance!

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Talking about old people, I had an old couple (80+ I reckon) come up to my window and asked about the car, as I was park up waiting for the Mrs. They thought Silvia was a nice name, and liked the car lol.. told them it was a jap import etc etc...

Reaction score
Its a beautiful car

I drive my car everyday and what really gets me is the way this car has aged in its 11 year glory...its up there with the NSX and Supra and RX7 which are arguably shapes that dont age simply because they were well designed ahead of their time.

In 6 years of ownership theres never a time where I never looked back after parking the lil lady and thinking...damn...thats a gorgeous car. Few come close to replicating those lines and the panel gaps that are tighter than some of the new models today. Once was picking up a friend from a cafe at an upscale area and everyone just turned to look at this gorgeous, serpent eyed, ridiculously rakish, rumbling picasso on wheels. Man i felt proud..Who says you cant put speed and style together. NOthing on the roads today looks like it and theres nothing on the road that looks like it at all :) Now if nissan could only release an SR20 VE-T upgrade pack or something hahahaha

Jay

Reaction score
+1 to the skyline questions! i get it all the time, mostly from the chav saxo/pug crowd. :rotfl:

when i picked up the '15 i had to tow it on a trailer from kent to cambridgeshire due to it being a mot failure along with no tax etc, and all the way home people were driving up beside me on the motorway and slowing, pointing and generally staring at the car. i had never really driven it and was proud as anything, coz it was mine!! even though the bodywork/paintjob is tatty, on the road it still gets looks, and now the engine work and mapping is finished (for the mo hehehe) it surprises alot of other "performance" cars. my particular pleasure is embarrasing porsche boxter owners, who generally have no clue whatsoever what the hell just p****d all over them! the looks are priceless :nod:

Reaction score
Country
Other day at a Honda Dealership one of the salesman came out as i was parking, asked if there was any chance i would buy a Honda and hand mine in as part exchange :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Lol. also got the Skyline question alot. People also though it was a Honda. probobly because of the "Spec-R" badge which for the uneducated eye looks like the Honda "Type-R" badge.
The funny thing is all the elderly people who asks about the car. wan't ready for 60+ old ladies asking me about the car.
The one I remember the most was when I just got the car. An old woman walks up to me in a gas station and ask what make it was. When I said Nissan, she said "I didn't know Nissan made nice cars". Guess she didn't think her Nissan Micra she drove away in was very nice :D

K

kababaka

Speaking of old people...I live in the sticks, and the old bloke a few doors down-and has done for a million years said to my boyfriend "i'm jealous of your girlfriend's car, they were the fastest production car of their time" I was shocked that he knew what it was, let alone know stuff about it! (although he didn't quite know enough to know the "spec s" on the car meant his statement wasn't quite right...)
They are quite nosey around here, so I wondered if he's thought...that looks posh, whats that, they better not be dealing drugs...lol but then I thought, do they have the internet?...they are at least late 70's! It's a mystery!

K

kababaka

yeah probably thinks it was a skyline...but thats even weirder! He is a really old mean miserable git! He drives a ford ka, how does he know facts about skylines? He's just not the type...

Reaction score
lol ive never had the skyline question here in Australia, however thats because the s15 was sold here but in saying that I still do get alot of good looks from people:) its really a head turning car

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
I had 2 middle ages blokes looking over my car when i was collecting my pizza from pizza hut! they asked me what it was etc i said a nissan silvia and they said never herd of it and they never knew nissan made such a nice car. They were then even more impressed once they found out how fast it was lol

K

kababaka

I think it's because the most well known/popular Nissan in this country (England) amongst the general public is the Micra-you can't even go to the corner shop without seeing one! Lucky we are all here to educate the masses!:D