What's new

Looks like i'm going to need doner/new

Reaction score
Spec R seeing as i crashed mine today! Proper gutted about it but i spose its just an accessory and i can get another one!

any one know of a donor car in which i can have the rear 1/4s off?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
You'd be better off buying new ones than cutting the out of a breaker. Cost would work out similar too as you'd pay a lot more at the bodyshop geting used ones fitted. I'm guessing you need a lot more than just 2 rear 1/4's though?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
So you'll need..

Boot
Spoiler (if you have one)
Rear lights
Rear bumper
Rear panel
Boot floor
Subframe
Arms..?
2x rear 1/4's

Are you going through insurance or paying yourself? If you go through insurance they will more than likely write it off, if you do it yourself using some new and some used parts it'll cost you around £3k all in I reckon.

Reaction score
hopefully they'll right it off dude but if they let me buy it back ill do that and spend the money on it! if not il go get my seats out of it and buy another one

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'd buy it back and break it for parts myself. Sounds a bit too bad and expensive to repair from what you say. Which insurance company are you with?

Reaction score
Im with bell they said i should be able to get it back, yeah i wanna sell it for parts.
gonna deffs have to get another one soon though

Reaction score
sorry to hear this, how did you manage to slide into a wall backwards?

obviously without seeing photo's of the damage, assuming the rear ends crumpled right in. I'd say your'd be best off breaking or re-shelling depending on whether you can get your hands on a new shell. or you could just botch it back together and drift it:thumbs: providing the rest of its straight. boot area doesn't have much structural integraty. but if you say the subframes bent this might not be possible.

Reaction score
pretty much i turned off of a main road onto another road that is pretty wide, as i came round i put my foot down a bit too early with the traction off, the rear went onto the white lines in the middle of the road which is covered in stones and other ****, and then a car pulled out onto the road then i **** myself and started snaking the car as i breaked it just span around 180 and i went up the curb backwards at a slight angle and crumpled the back drivers side against the wall..

not impressed!! so mad at myself for it.
but hopefully they can sort it so i can buy the car back but seein as i doubt its fixable i can just sell all the bits make some money and buy myself a new one! already been looking!

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Sorry to hear it Matt but at least you're ok! You sould probably break it for parts or swap the running gear etc into a spec S! Then you can sell what you don't need and you'll probably have no problem finding somebody to buy the shell off you too when you're finished with it!

Reaction score
Im in 2 minds what to do, if they right it off then hopefully i can buy it back and strip it for parts, although i might keep the engine and put it in something else?
little drift project or something maybe.
then buy another spec r for the road!

P

Psychogopher

Sorry to here that Matt. Thats definately put a damper on thing. I was looking forward to seeing it. :annoyed:

Reaction score
Gutted to hear that mate, I've just been checking out the pics and feel even more gutted for you that you've only had it a few weeks. I haven't even picked mine up yet and I'm worried about dinging it already!

Reaction score
dude that sucks, only see it a few weeks ago! you dont want the cage now then! If you do break it mate, let me know what you got! but definately stay with the s15s, yours looked gorgeous mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Country
Damn, I hate hearing about crashes...especially when I'm heading to the track tomorrow!

I hope you get up and running sooner then later!

Reaction score
Damn that really sucks dude! Might be worth contacting japaneseusedcars and asking them if they can import a Spec S with a blown engine? Then re-shell into it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
hopefully they'll right it off dude but if they let me buy it back ill do that and spend the money on it! if not il go get my seats out of it and buy another one
if you can afford to from the payout, repair it.
It feels so good to know that you've put all that work into it in the long run! (at the expensive of your insurance company) It's what i did with mine :)