What's new

japan shipping

Reaction score
Country
hello poeple

i have orderd my s15 in june and it got shipped out at the end of june.
just got the paper work from japan and it says the car is landing in the uk in December!!

can it take that long to ship the car from japan to the uk? 6 Months!!!!

or am i reading the wrong part like expire date or something....

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Humm, I've not done this myself but have always been under the impression it takes around 8 weeks..?

Reaction score
Country
yeah thats what i thought.... think i contact the guys in japan now and see what they say.

Reaction score
Country
Mine took about 2 months, but it was waiting for a ship in Japan for about a month before that.

Mine had to change ships in Belgium too, which made it take a bit longer, as the original ship didn't come to my chosen port in the end.

Reaction score
Country
hey good news

just spoke to the shipping company and my car wont take like 4 months to arrive!!!!!!
heh its in Africa at the moment.
they told me it will be in the UK in about 20-30 days!!!!!!!!

cant believe dan h that your car took that long to arrive..

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Typical shipping time once the car has got a place on a boat and it's leaving the docks should be around 5 weeks to the UK. Give or take a week. Could take a bit longer if the ship unloads at a dock far away and the car needs to be reloaded to other transportation. But 4 months is most likely an error :)

Reaction score
Country
When mine came I think it took longer because it went across to America and stopped a few times on the west coast, then a few times on the east coast, then went straight past the UK and stopped in Europe a couple of times where it dropped the car off for another ship to bring it back here.
I tracked the ship online everyday on it's journey here!

It's because I had the car shipped to Bristol that it took longer, as it doesn't have as many ships going there, but it's my closest port and saved me money on having the car transported home :).
Had I used Southampton instead, I expect it would have arrived a lot quicker.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
That's really taking the scenic route :)
My S15 came straight from Japan to bristol. Didn't take too long to get a place on a RORO either with any of the cars I've imported. But I guess it's up to the export agent and his connections with the shipping companies. Longest time I've waited to get a place on a ferry is about 1 month. But that was mostly because I bought used TE37's which I wanted to fit to the car before shipping :D
Free freight and no VAT rims is always nice. Just need a car to fit them to lol.

Reaction score
Country
Just looked back, it was the 18th September when I paid for it, still in Japan, and I picked it up from the port the same morning the ship was unloaded on 31st December - new years eve, so it was just over 3 months all in from paying to collecting it.

I was looking/bidding on the auctions for a couple of months before I secured mine too, so it was a while before I got my hands on a 15 after I'd decided to upgrade from my 180sx.