What's new

Brake discs? what to choose?

K

killers15

Hi lads

Just wondered if any one has any recomendations on brake discs for the standard calipers as mine judder like hell when they warm up.
I would like drilled and groved if possible but just groves will do, I do drive fairly hard so dont want discs made of cheese if you know what i mean have seen a few sets on ebay from brake depot but cant help thinking cheese! Also will 200sx s14 discs fit as brembo dont have s15 as an option.

Any views welcome.

Last edited:
Reaction score
DBA (Disk Brake Austrialia) make good quality brake rotors however i am unaware of whether they do them for stock brake calipers, otherswise your best bet would be to try db power.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Just go to Brakes International on Tinterweb mate if you're not looking to spend too much :)

OEM front discs are about £30 plus delivery or thereabouts... cheap as hell but I've had my discs on for around 18 months and they were awesome with Ferodo DS2500's. Fast road and general driving more than enough... I even took this setup to DWYB plus the odd trackday Silverstone/Oulton and they were up to the job :thumbs:

The only thing that killed them was my recent Nurburgring trip but 13 mile laps with how many corners, scrubbing speed from 140 mph down to 40 means it's time to upgeade lol :wack:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I am pretty sure DBA make standard sizes rotors.

One suggestion is DON'T get cross drilled rotos. They tend to crack between the dirlled holes. Just slotted discs are the way to go.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
^^^ +1

...and I swear when I had cross drilled on a Mondeo I used to drive :wack: they make horrible humming/vibration noises when braking hard *thumbs down*

K

killers15

So you dont think dba 4000XS would be a good option? I like the slotted discs but realy like the disc pattern on the 4000XS. What do you boys think about Ferodo 2500 on these discs? Would cracking be an issue?

I also had this noise on my mazda but thaught it was pritty cool from high speed.

Jay

Reaction score
not to everyones taste i know but i rate ebc discs. had them on my ep3. not a fan of the pads but pair up the discs with ferrodo2500's and they were a winner. not too sure if they do s15 fitment tho....

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
DBA's are good. I personally would steer away from the crossdrilled, even if they are DBA. I run DS2500's in my car. Great street pad.