What's new

S15OC Club Banner Design - Help

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
As some of you may know the S15OC is going to have a club area at JAE this year.

For this we need a club banner for the stand.

I have a nice simple design in mind with a white background, silvia logo on the left hand side and S15 Owners Club written in the font used on the forum banner in black next to it.

Please excuse my poor example done it mspaint and with the wrong font, as you can tell Im not a graphic designer :rotfl:

But before I get anything made up I thought Id ask all the budding designers on this forum if they have any good ideas?

This could be used for any S15OC club events in the future...

Please view your ideas and opinions, will need to get this finalised soon so we can get it made up in time.

Cheers,
Darren

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Please make sure that any final designs are sent to Nicely for his perusal as he is the site owner. I am sure it will be fine, but I think his permission should be sought for any advertising material.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Please make sure that any final designs are sent to Nicely for his perusal as he is the site owner. I am sure it will be fine, but I think his permission should be sought for any advertising material.
Not a problem.

Reaction score
Definately doesn't need to be anything special. Simple and straight to the point like the one you've already made is all you need. Last year I noticed that half of the clubs didn't even have a banner so anything is better than nothing!

I'm no designer, but at some point i'll have a go on Photoshop as i'm quite handy when I want to be! :thumbs:

Didn't know about the club stand so will look forward to seeing it this year!! :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Is it worth having the website address listed in much smaller font on the bottom right?? Just a suggestion :)

Nice1 for sorting this out Darren :thumbs:

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Is it worth having the website address listed in much smaller font on the bottom right??
Yeah just had the same thought too :)

Updated the first post with the changes :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok, i've had a quick go on Photoshop with some basic ideas. I'm figuring that if it's a banner, then you're planning on having one of those thick PVC vinyl type things? If so, i'm guessing its going to be cheaper and easier to keep the background white.

If these are any good at all - then I could try adding a nice picture of a car, maybe a coloured background.

Never designed anything like this before - so any comments welcome. I can shuffle anything around, remove/add things so any suggestions welcome :thumbs:

Mark

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
They are all really good! Wish I knew how to use photoshop!!

The bottom one is my personal favourite :)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Nice designs mark :thumbs:

Like Craig I think the bottom one is best, maybe swap the Nissan and Silvia badges over though?

Reaction score
They are all really good! Wish I knew how to use photoshop!!

The bottom one is my personal favourite :)
Nice designs mark :thumbs:

Like Craig I think the bottom one is best, maybe swap the Nissan and Silvia badges over though?
Thanks for the comments lads :D

As per your suggestion:

Not sure if you've noticed but nothing is exactly centre, i've just done it to eye for the moment. If it was to be that one of these was chosen i'll centre/align everything spot on!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, that looks spot on. Nice and simple but with all the information on there. Banners aren't cheap, so the simpler it is the better!

Reaction score
Thanks for all the good comments :D

I might have another little play around later and see if there is anything else I can come up with that is similar to the bottom one everyone likes.

Has anyone done any research into actually having a banner made? Just wondering whether there might have to be a certain size the design needs to be made to so it can be properly printed or whether they can make to the sizes given.

Aswell as that, i'm wondering whether it should be a little thinner height wise? As its quite a tall banner at the minute?

Mark

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I think we were looking for something around 2.5m x 0.5m, but after having a quick look a common size seems to be 3.0m x 0.6m. Not sure if this will be a bit big though??

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
+1 for the modified bottom one :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'm quite happy for you guys to decide on it. Just let me know what the final design is :) If you want the 'Nissan' font, let me know as I have this.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Thanks Nicely :)

BTW, do you know what the font is used on the forum banner at the top of the page?

Reaction score
Thanks Nicely :)

BTW, do you know what the font is used on the forum banner at the top of the page?
EXACTLY what I was trying to find out lol!! The one i've put on the banners i've made was the closest-ish I could find

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I'm quite happy for you guys to decide on it. Just let me know what the final design is :) If you want the 'Nissan' font, let me know as I have this.
Nice one, I'll run it past you before I go to the printers.

Regarding size, costs and who to use I've never got anything like this made up before so feel free to make suggestions.