What's new

how much is it worth

Reaction score
Edit ** Forgot to mention, car has around 70,000 miles on the clock and has new 6 months tax and it has just had a MOT with advisory for the tyres being close to the limit on the from.

I'm after a bit of advice guys please, basically i'm really in to my drifting and attend at least one day a month.

The problem i'm have is i keep pushing the car more and more and i just don't want to crash the car and write it off on track as i cannot afford another one.

They say 'if you can't afford to replace it..... don't do it!'

I can't afford to replace it and with the amount of money i spend on fuel each month (£200 - £320 a month) i could easily have a lot more free money to spend on whatever.

What i was thinking of getting was a sil80 or a onevia for around £4,000 - £5,000 and then getting a daily car and a trailer.

The reason for this thread is i have no idea what to value the car at in its currently condition.

Could you give me a guide to what i should be asking for this as it stands atm. We never get back what we've spent and at present the car owes me over £10,000

Here is the current speclist:

engine

sr20det
FMIC and stainless piping
pigeon mod
exedy hypersingle clutch and flywheel (new friction plate)
Rocker cover painted and stainless cover
stainless manifold
braided clutch line
t28r tubby
braided tubby lines
alloy rad and ARC cap
Apexi filter
2 stages colder irridium plugs
ABS removed, t-pieced in.
3" japspeed catback exhaust
GP sports 3" longer down pipe (no cat)
mocal oil cooler and braided lines
slim line battery
Skyline GTR fuel pump
Mines mapped ECU

exterior

Dmax rear lights
Dmax rear bumper
Dmax side skirts
Vertex front bumper
Work emotion XD9 alloys all 18x10jj et+18
SRB power 50mm wider front fenders
Flared rear arches
Nismo ducktail spoiler

Handling

HSD coilovers
Apex 4arm adjustable alignment arms, rosejointed.
F+R poly bushed lower arms
Rear hubs poly bushed
Tie rods machined down and spacers added
sf painted up
Alloy SF bushes
Alloy diff bushes (complete kit)
Cusco 2way LSD
japspeed black anti corrosion coated front and rear drilled and grooved disks with new pads

Interior

Pioneer ipod stereo
Sard 60mm boost gauge
blitz power meter i.d and SBC boost controller
Bride driver seat and super low side mount rail
Luke harnesses
Boss and nardi suede steering wheel
DW hydrolic handbrake and braided lines
nismo duracon gearknob
cf gearsurround
shortshifter

i'm sure there's plenty more but that's all i can think of at the moment.

Bad bits -

Rear arches could do with tidying up as i did them myself with an arch roller, it was not a professional job.

The car needs to be sprayed as currently i have white front and rear bumpers, white sideskirts and front fenders. I hit the rear bumper on track but i have repaired it very well on the inside. The bumper woudl just need a coat of filler and spray over to make it look presentable.

Also i hit a cone whilst on track at llandow (a tall skinny cone), when i hit it the cone the cone bent in half and hit the bonnet and dented it ever so slightly (definately could be popped out) you can't notice it if i hadn't told you about it, but i know it's there.

Mechanically the car is completely sound as i have maintained this and replaced almost everything! it's just the appearance that now needs attention.

The car has run on excellent oil (fuchs esther 10w 50 £40 for 5 ltrs with discount) currently has castrol edge 10w 60 race oil (£60 for 4 ltrs)

To be honest that car isn't bad i just wanted to point out all of its faults. I wanted to compete in it and it would only need the following to be a bdc spec car -

battery cut off switch
fuel cut off
cage
fia harness and seat
tow hooks
fire extinguiser

The car was dyno'd at Gotboost in Llandow at 317bhp prior to fitting the stainless manifold (massive difference that has made to the torque) (i have graph etc to prove)

in action pics

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=12214776&l=8368b62eea&id=850010552
http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?6997-Me-and-richy-drifting-at-pembrey-D (post3 :))

Last edited: