What's new

Painted dash?

S

S15 SILVIA

Hi all.
Quick question, has anyone painted their lower dash / centre console? If so how, and what paint did you use?
Anyone know how the silvia emblem Is held on? Not had a decent look to be honest.
I'm fed up with getting in the car and seeing the scratches and marks down by the ashtray and handbrake. This seems to be a common problem, is that correct?
How the hell they do it I'll never know.
I've already painted the console surround, which looks loads better, but still feel the dash looks shabby. Let's the car down in my opinion!
Was wondering whether to spray it, or mabey try using a small paint pad?
The only thing that's putting me off is the silvia emblem.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I have done the cup holders,gear surround and stereo surround for the exact same reason as you mate,how they scratch it so bad I wil never know!!! I am gonna do my dash in the next couple of weeks just gonna tape the badge up really well should be fine.
I start with a rough wet and dry paper to get rid of the bumpy finish then work my way through the wet and dryy to a fine grit,then prime it give it 2 or 3 coats and leave It over night then use really fine wet and dry ,wet with some warm soapy water clean it up then give it 2 or 3 top coats and leave it again overnight then a couple of layers of clear laquer,I used normal car spray paints and primers,had body colour and bayside blue made, come out very nice,some pics on my profile dude

Last edited:
S

S15 SILVIA

Looks tidy mate.
Painted my door switch surround and centre console a rover gunmetal colour, matches the door handles and stuff really well, put bout 4 layers of paint, and 3 layers of laquer on them parts. Want to keep the textured finsh on the rest of the main dash tho. Keep the factory look!
Just the emblem putting me off.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Thanks mate,wanted to do summin different,may not be to everyones taste but I like it.Be hard to keep the factory look,but have seen someone said they just did a light sprayover with the gunmetal without clear coat or anything and that kept the original look,maybe worth a go not sure if you can take the badge off to spray it,it may be held on with double sided like the exterior badges ,I won't be able to give you any more info till I get round to finishin mine I am afraid.