What's new

brakes

Reaction score
i have a s15 non turbo looking to do a rb25 cov at a later date so for now need some replacement pads and discs are they the same as a s14? or any idea where to buy from

cheers chris

Reaction score
its the spec s this is what i thought the calipers are different if someone knows if these would fit i might be interested

Reaction score
still no joy on hunting what pads i need for the front, found the rears are the same so thats sorted but not the fronts any ideas everyone?

Reaction score
think upgrading seems a better option, were putting a rb in soon so think will do a conversion whats the best conversion to do?

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Sorry Crispyk, don't know how I missed this! Like you said rear set up is the exact same, the discs are slightly bigger at the front on the turbo model but the front set up from a late model UKDM 200SX (calipers, discs and pads) can be bought cheap enough, are easy to fit and are a big improvement :thumbs:

If you were doing an SR transplant I'd compliment that set up with braided or S.S. lines & some EBC discs & pads - massive stopping power :D it can be a bit expensive though so price it up with a local EBC dealer and also have a look on sxoc for an alternative (GTR or 350Z upgrade package) - the alternative just might work out at a similar price but isn't as simple to fit! If you are definately going the RB route I would be looking for a brembo set up though from GTR or 350Z :nod:

If you can't afford a full brake swap at the minute PM Barnes, he bought my standard brake set up off me (calipers, pads, lines and discs) and has since sold his S15 so might have them sitting in a box in his garage - that way you can still drive the S15 & save up for the Brembo set up & fit that when you're doing the conversion :D

Reaction score
thanks for the info going to go for the conversion route easier in the long run...... see what i can find thanks again!!!

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
No problem. RayStang on here has done the Brembo swap from the R34 GTR :cool: but I'm sure there are others on here with build threads.... Z32 & GTR set ups will need more work at the rear though for the handbrake ;)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I did the R33 brembo swap link

With the 33 brembos you do not need to drill out the hole on the hub because they use the same size bolts.

Still not fitted my rears yet because I've not had the time and it looks like a pain to do.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Im in the same boat myself at the mo, need spec s front pads, except cant find anyone supplying them, where are they got? dont want to do the spec r conversion at the mo as i just taxed it and funds are scarce! any help greatly appreciated,
@ trial s15, what sort of wear was on the pads? and what are you driving these days?

Reaction score
Apparently the 2 pot calipers on S13 models are the same as the spec s 2 pot's, so same pads and i would imagine easier to get supplied,
ive only been told this so no first hand experience of it but may help anyone looking for them for future reference