Nurburgring Trip - This Weekend!!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd post up a thread before I head off to Nurburgring for the first time this weekend. I'm going with some mates I've know for a few years from Streetrace modified cars forum and there's a chap who used to run a Ring trip business who's taking us there and back etc :)

Also Bene from this forum (white S15 with Chargespeed bonnet) has kindly agreed to meet up on the weekend and will effectively be my local guide lol... He's based not too far from the Nordschleife and seems to have lapped the circuit many times. He's also found a nice little cheap hotel for a friend (who's refusing to camp like the rest of us haha) :thumbs:

So with my AA breakdown cover extended for Europe sorted, warning triangle stolen from wifey's BMW packed, some final checks left to do on Silvia tonight with mate who's coming along in his FD... I'll be stacking up the Red Bulls Friday afternoon as we head to Dover leaving home around 9.00pm. It's an overnight crossing then France/Belgium into Germany in the early hours of Saturday morning hehe :D :wack:

Any advice and tips from people who've been before would be very much appreciated!!

Cheers,

James

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Awesome :) I did pretty much the same thing a few years ago in my last S15. The ferry was a nightmare trying to get on/off without removing the front bumper but apart from that nothing to report really! Have you sorted a new battery out yet?

T

Toby

I'm hoping to do this next Spring! Looking forward to a full report ;)

You will have an epic time!

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Lucky sod :) you'll have a great time I bet. I really want to do the ring, so think its on for next year for me.. I've always wanted to do it, so while I've got a quick car it has to be done..

We should get an s15oc Nurburgring trip going for next year ;)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Craig - yep got a new Bosch battery sorted with more CCA... about 360 now so should help lol :wack:

Cheers guys - as you know I'll be uploading pics and vids when I get back hehe... and yeah S15OC Ring trip sounds like a cracking idea!!! :thumbs:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cool, has it solved the problems James? :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers :thumbs:

lol Tooley - I won't be skidding... deffo need to take it serious as crashing not only causes a headache in terms of getting home but it costs ££££. Just getting The Ring shut for 30 mins and recovery vehicle out is not cheap!! :wack:

Craig - yeah she's all good now thanks mate :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yes Wing feel like the luckiest guy in the world... completed 10 laps of Nordschliefe unscathed. Only issue after 130 miles of hard driving was warped front brakes from about fifth lap onwards lol :)

I'll tell more when I put up all the pics and vids on a new thread ;)

Met up with Benne who was fantastic and really made it an awesome weekend. The boy can drive!!! :thumbs:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Did you get much brake fade as well? I find mine fade quite a bit, think I need to upgrade the brake fluid..

can't wait for the pic etc.. :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Reaction score
I've been wanting to go to the Ring for a while now, do you ever do club trips over there?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
S15OC might do a trip next year if there's enough interest. We've just about managed to get cars together for JAE this summer (check out the thread in the events section mate) so Ring trip would be immense lol!!

I would be very happy to help organise a club trip over to Nordschleife as I think every petrolhead should experience this amazing journey at least ONCE in their lives hehe ;)

Reaction score
Haha, sounds all good to me. The missus went a couple of years back and still raves about it now. Thinking about JAE too, looks like a good weekend out :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah you gotta come to JAE esp if you have your car by then mate. If you can pay Darren_S15 by the end of the week then you can show your car no probs :)