What's new

spec r running a bar what bhp?

Reaction score
Country
hi

if i had my spec r running a bar of boost what bhp would it roughly be at bearing in mind it was standard before?

i had fmic with hard pipe kit
full exhuast system
blitz filter
uprated fuel pump
think thats it

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
not much over standard mate, you need to fit a set of grade 7 plugs, mod your standard re-circ valve or fit an aftermarket one, fit a method of boost control prefferably an electronic controller and then have your first map to bring it all together. then you should be 300hp or thereabouts....

Reaction score
Country
knew i forgot something haha i have a hks bov on there too i have the plugs done too.so you think with all that done which it has been and running a bar would be around 300bhp?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
knew i forgot something haha i have a hks bov on there too i have the plugs done too.so you think with all that done which it has been and running a bar would be around 300bhp?
nope, but i wouldnt mind betting that you're close to inducing det with those mods and that boost with no adjustment to the fuelling mate..... i would seriously reccommend a mapping session, having the timing, plug gap and heat range checked and a form of boost control. this is how you will get your power ;) without those the rest of the modifications won't be making the difference they could.....

am i right in thinking that the boost goes up to around 0.8/0.9 bar and holds steady, then at higher rpm it slowly pushes round towards a bar?

i'd say talk to steve @fctuning, i still haven't used him yet but i definitely will asa, he seems to really know his onions and has been mapping s15 owners cars a lot lately with awesome results :)

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
not much over standard mate, you need to fit a set of grade 7 plugs, mod your standard re-circ valve or fit an aftermarket one, fit a method of boost control prefferably an electronic controller and then have your first map to bring it all together. then you should be 300hp or thereabouts....

as above

BCPR7ES gapped to 0.7mm
independent electronic boost controller for quick control over the turbocharger
ECU
and your pretty much sorted :

Dont just TURN the boost up fella... please :( reminds me of the old cossie days 10-15 years ago when buddies of mine used to just crank it up :(

atleast check it on your local dyno -

after all... its your pride n joy.. so why cut corners.. Do it propery 1st time, 1 time and you will be happy

Steve
http://fctuning.com - a batch of S15 examples just uploaded and a couple more to come SCROLL DOWN and click on the S15 Tag :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
how much is a run on the dyno mate?i been meaning to get mine done as mine is runnin about 1 bar boost when i bought it,have'nt driven it much so not really got round to having it on the rollers yet,defo something i want to do though so i know roughly what has been done....

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
Well I used and tune at many dynos around London

main ones being the ones listed on my LINKS page of my older site (accessed by clicking ABOUT on my newer site)

i think bob @ hayes engineering only charges like 50-60quid .. something like that, same as Danny @ Motorworx and Gary @ Crazy Horses Racing .

ill be there sat setting up a couple of engines so feel free to pop down to hayes engineering this saturday if you want and ill get it all strapped down and tested for you with a full report

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I don't think I am able to this weekend mate,but hopefully next week will be about will email you through your site if that's ok? To sort out getting it done...

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
no problem.. yep. just email me via website.. Perfect :)

for your information ill be tuning Monday eve next week also and Wed eve (just had a couple newbies give me shout) So after work on either of those evening is also a possibility but next week is fine if thats too soon.... No rush

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah no rush,driving my other car at the month,day times is better for me anyway mate as I work 3 til 12 during the week but I will defo be in touch soon to get this sorted been meaning to do It for a while,and have heard nothing but good things about yourself