What's new

My remap results with Steve @ FC-Tuning

Reaction score
Country
After seeing the results of Steve's wizadry on other S15's and many other different types of car i was keen to get around to getting my car remapped, especially since i wasnt too keen on my current map done by someone else (running too rich for my liking and wanted it done on a RR).

Only things i changed since last map was i decided to stick in some Nismo 740's (better fueling overheads) and a H-Dev mani. All my mods can be found here...

http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?3310-Jez-s-White-Aero-Spec-R

Suffice to say as you can see from the below results im very happy with the result, esp with the torque considering its still on the standard tubbie...

Car now runs like a dream, pulling with an even more sense of urgency than before. Also its not so rich on lift off and low revs and less anoying popping and banging than previous.

I cant reccomend Steve enough, hes a real gent and takes pleasure in passing on information to you as hes doing the mapping so you get a real idea of whats going on with the car, this in turn provides you with a better understanding of whats working well, what could be improved and what you shouldnt fcuk about with :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
wow, another great result. masses of torque, as much as me. he really knows how to make the most of it doesnt he :)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Great results mate :thumbs:

The graphs all look very similar to mine.

Notice you have gone up to about 1.25 bar boost on yours.

Reaction score
Looks like another great real tune by steve. I have the same problems you now as you had, pop back running to rich. Is your with remap with a NIStune? There would be plenty of work in Aus. if Steve ever decided on a working holiday in this over priced ill-informed island of ours.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah this mapped using NIStune. You could always contact Steve, he travels Europe regulary doing mapping sessions so maybe he could do a world tour lol :)

Reaction score
Country
If you can sort out cheap weddings as well ill be back sooner than you think :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Awesome!! And I think Steve is the official S15OC mapper now lol :thumbs:

The amount of torque is immense and you can feel it early, smooth and puts a grin on my face every time without fail :D

Reaction score
Awesome!! And I think Steve is the official S15OC mapper now lol :thumbs:

The amount of torque is immense and you can feel it early, smooth and puts a grin on my face every time without fail :D
Mine is getting a NIStune and remap next month thanks to Steve. The man can make it happen down the other side of the world. Legend.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
hendo / steve,

are you going to nistune your original ECU or get an exchange one? The reason I am asking is that you car being an ADM will have the NATS system fitted. How will this affect the car with a JDM ECU fitted? Will it make any difference at all?

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
Meddler....
if a car is an ADM model with NATS then thats not a problem (same situation for S14a UK with NATS) you just socket the original ECU in such a case

I may have an ADM ECU lying around anyway so it doesnt matter.. thats minor anyway ;) it would be a 2min swap job the re-code the keys as per usual as I normally do ;)

if I cannot find it amongst my batch its still not an issue.... ill just board the Nistune ECU to the original Nissan motherboard (it only takes a little while anyway and its not a big job for me) and then away we go

slap the car on the dyno. tune. he smiles...and he's off home. like the other lads :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Damn why am I all the way over here in the Caribbean. Steve any chance you can tune via interweb ;).

Reaction score
Hmmm damn you get around. I am in Trinidad at the bottom of the island chain just above South America. Maybe if you decide to come I can speak with some locals and see if we can make it worthwhile. PM me charges and so on so I can speak with others. Also let me know what is needed. I may as well see if I can do some upgrades same time, maybe a low mount GT3076R, headstuds, headgasket and clutch. I am currently running, stock S15 SR20DET, with Blitz FMIC, HKS Intake, Greddy Intake Manifold, stock recirculated BOV and a Walbro fuel pump. I have a L-Jetro Power FC to install and I have an AEM wideband. I can see if I can get some 550C injectors to help the cause and of course will need a boost controller as well. If I were to run a stock setup with these upgrades and minus the turbo upgrades do you recommend a clutch upgrade as right now my clutch is practically new and I am no thrasher on the road as I don't launch my car.

Reaction score
right i keep hearing bloody good things lol, i want mine mapped now. Will probably get some injectors and z32 and will then be in contact.

Steve i have an s15 with a mines ecu (looks like a standard ecu with mines on the cover) it is a s14 silvia ecu as that's what engine is in the car as the car started its life as an auto spec s. WHat exactly do you do to the ecu's? do you fit a nistune board on them and map them or do you map the ecu straight up, i'm a little confused. ALso is there any possibility of you pm'ing me a price of how much this would cost roughly on the dyno?

cheers dude :)

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
all I need as a reference is the Nissan ECU map number on the front cover of the ECU so I can prepare a Nistune ECU for your vehicle.. and yes I have many many pre prepared Nissan ECUs for all nissans, form Micra to 300zx so on arrival at the garage its a simple ECU swap out and plug in and tune whilst you watch ;)

pretty much what you see here http://fctuning.com and http://fctuning.com/fctwp/

if you PM me your number I can call you to explain in detail but Ill send you a PM.. I make the process VERY simple and STRAIGHT forward.. All you need do is turn up and watch, and also you wil gain a little basic education on the tuning process itself