What's new

How much is it worth?

Reaction score
I am toying with the idea of selling my S15 Spec-R but I have no idea of what it is worth as the prices range so much. Most of you know my car, but if you don't then here is a link that will give you all the info:

http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?5972-Gav-s-(zero260)-Spec-R

Its only done 24,000 miles, full MOT, regularly serviced, wrapped in cotton wool, polished within an inch of its life and is one of the cleanest around, built to a very very high standard as its the car I use to promote my business (performance tuning, rolling road and custom sprayshop) and it was also built to show standard for club stand events. Myself and Jurgen from JM-Imports spent months looking for a perfect genuine example and when it arrived from japan, Jurgen said it was the cleanest he had ever seen.:cool:

It has a genuine Wisesquare D1GP wide arch kit also fitted to a perfect standard by ABW (the best in the business) and if you click on the link above you can see in detail all the other bits that have been done, including the highly detailed engine bay.

Its looking like I might need a van or pickup for a while so sadley the car might have to be sold but it will all depend on how much it is worth, if I get reasonable money I will sell but if the market is naff and I am going to make a huge loss compared to how much expense I have put into it then I might as well keep it for a bit longer.

Can anyone in the know give me an idea to what it might be worth so I know what direction to take?

Heres another link to some pictures that James (Lupix) took:

http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?6627-Gav-s-Wisesquare-S15-JDM-Allstars-Photoshoot

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have mine up for sale at the moment for £9,995 - £10, 495 and ive had alot of interest but no one has come up with the cash at the moment! Unfotunately things are only worth what some one will pay for them!!

Yours has less miles and a body kit, not sure on what mods you have but i'd say around 11k + but again its what ever some one is willing to pay for it

GLWS mate!! :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Firstly I have to say your car is gorgeous mate,I would be tempted to sell mine and buy yours it that nice!!!
The most expensive I have seen recently was the chargespeed demo car which only had 9000 miles on the clock and that went for 13.5,I think your car is nicer tbh and anyone who knows anything about s15 will know how much money has gone into the car and would defo pay that sort of premium for something so special,as said above though it all depends on what people want to pay and how much, more to the point,you would be willing to let it go for.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Nooo, don't sell it Gav! You've hardly had time to enjoy it :(

I'd say you could get between 12k-13k for it..

Reaction score
Many thanks for your kind words.

13.5k, thats what i was thinking really as mine was done to a lot higher standard than the chargespeed one when it came to the final fit and finish (had a good look round it at Jurgens) and the kit I have fitted is very rare, it was a nightmare trying to get hold of it from wisesquare (never again.lol) especially when they don't like supplying them to anyone outside of Japan.

But like you also said, it does all depend on what people want to pay.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
That's what I mean mate,anyone who knows about the car will know and appreciate how much money and effort has gone into the car and how rare the kit is I think you could defo hold out for that sort of money,I don't think I would be able to part with it if it was mine ...

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The right person would pay that for it I'm sure. The kit must have cost you a fortune but I reckon a big selling point will be how clean and tidy it is.

Reaction score
I am still undecided, if I can afford to get a pickup or van anyway then I will keep it as it does work a treat for advertising purposes.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Get a hilux mate,they are indestructible ,you see the top gear one??they tried everything to kill it,then you get to keep your lovely car!!!

Reaction score
Country
Your car is absolutely impeccable and i think you really would regret selling up if you really dont need to sell it especially after how much blood, sweat and money you have put into it and isnt loosing you much money sitting in the garage like a new car would. Why not just get a high mileage ex fleet diesel van, these will easily still do up to 200K + miles with just basic servicing and you can pick them up in auctions for cheapo money ?

Whatever you choose, good luck with it mate :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
its worth much more than the price you could achieve mate, anyone that looks at it should consider the cost of building it themselves, then realise its a steal at 13.5k...........i agree with jez though, it's sort of irreplaceable and therefore unless i was bowing out of modified cars altogether, i wouldnt get rid of it :)

S

Stuno1

Firstly, just want to say what a great job you have done with that mate.

Problem you have is that as with any modified car your issue is taste, it is very unique and wont be to everyones taste so may take a long time to sell or may sell straight away, you just need the right person.

Reaction score
Bugger you might have to sell your car after all the hard work and money poured into it. Sad day if or when it goes.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Nooooooooo!!!! Gutted to hear you might have to sell her Gav?! :( She's so unique and perfect in every way!!!

I'd have paid £5k for the Chargespeed one and spend another £5k rectifying the world's MOST UGLY bodykit WTF??!! :wack:

Hope you don't have to sell her but I'm certain if someone really loved everything you've done with her you can get more than £13k surely??

I need to see her and take more piccies so no selling up just yet lol!!! :p

B

BUG4LIFE

Your car is epic mate, if I was in the market right now, I'd be knocking on your door!!!

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice and great comments guys.

I'm under the impression that between 13 and 14k is about the right figure as pretty standard clean ones with alot higher mileage go for around 10-11k. Just have to think now whether I put it up for sale.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the advice and great comments guys.

I'm under the impression that between 13 and 14k is about the right figure as pretty standard clean ones with alot higher mileage go for around 10-11k. Just have to think now whether I put it up for sale.
dont!!

every time you see another s15, it will remind you just how special your one was. trust me, if you intend to stay in jap import ownership, this is the car to keep as it pisses on anything in the 'proper' looks department :)