What's new

NISMO ducktail wing - direct fit????

H

hanim

HI Guys,
I am in the midst of buying a aero/nismo duck tail wing and just wondering if anyone knows if this one direct fit to jdm s15 with the normal wing with the triangle light...

here is a picture of the duck tail wing - does anyone know if this will line up or will it require me welding the boot etc - will I require filling any holes/ drilling new ones??? :confused:

any help appreciated

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
It doesn't look like a direct fit, luckily when I got mine I swapped the whole trunk lid. I think your gonna need to have it fitted by a body shop.

H

hanim

oh you were lucky but I guess if I was getting a whole lid freight would cost a lot more from Wales to AU hehe

thanks for the help :)

H

hanim

Judging by the center holes, your gonna have to drill into the lid. May have to block some of the existing holes as well if there are any.

yeah I think so too, i'm concerned about the 2 either side of the centre one too i think that will need to be drilled as there is "circles" on the inside of the boot lid but they're not drilled

S

S15 SILVIA

Here's a pic I found on google showing the fitment-

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...ginal-s15-nismo-ducktail-spoiler-dsc00137.jpg

Looks like it would fit directly over the standard spoiler holes, but that is only guessing!
Also, don't see why you couldn't remove a couple of the studs in the spoiler, save drilling other holes, (and hoping they are in the right place) and just use a couple of the standard holes in some of the areas, and bonding the spoiler all round for a nice tight fit?!
Mike

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
You'll have to drill 2 holes into your boot, or cut the 2 extra studs off the spoiler. If you use decent double sided tape it won't be going anywhere.

H

hanim

You'll have to drill 2 holes into your boot, or cut the 2 extra studs off the spoiler. If you use decent double sided tape it won't be going anywhere.
thanks bud for your help. I think i'll have to plug the rear centre hole on the wing with a gromet but not a big deal!

thanks everyone for you help :)