What's new

I want 400bhp!!!!!

Curryzz

Reaction score
Just been out in my friends 419.bhp at the wheels rx7 and it was so much quicker than my s15,i would like to no how much internal work id need to get that kind of power?will the gear box hold up to this?Im going to pop down to PPI who looks after my car and c what he can do for me, im going to take the car of the road over winter and nxt year and get some proper power out of it:)Its adictive the feel of 400bhp:) Id like to say 5-6k would do it but unlikly i guess?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
ask him how much torque he has mate - and then laugh ;)

Reaction score
Country
Id say 400BHP is the limit of the standard internals but i reckon your gearbox will be the weak point and is where id spend the money. You could go for a PPG gear set for about £2.5K. Also to hit that power i reckon you could go for a GT2871r 86trim + Tomei pro cams, springs, ARP bolts + MHG along with the usual Z32 AFM, Nismo 740's, uprated fuel pump etc. Of course you could stroker it out for even more power or just go for reforged internals for piece of mind.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
After getting mine mapped recently I'd say you should be more concerned about torque than power mate. You'll feel torque improvements much more and getting a decent map which allows peak torque to come in relatively early is also nice for fast road and drifting :)

I had a nice video taken of someone from MRC in his red FD chasing me on Silverstone track @ JTS a few weeks ago. He's got a TO4S turbo and I've been informed his car should be easily more powerful than mine but he wasn't able to catch me (except one point where I was messing about and drifting Woodgate lol)... I wonder what his torque figure was?? ;)

I think when you're hitting 400bhp+ you're in the realm of asking whether there are many roads you can use this amount of power because with mine tuned to the limits of the stock turbo it's difficult to think I can drive to her full potential once I'm past 350bhp or lbft. S15's are much lighter so the power to weight is more noticeable even for 'minor' performance upgrades such as around 50 - 100bhp/lbft :thumbs:

Curryzz

Reaction score
thanks for that, well im geting my front mount all fitted nicely first then i think i may go for a uprated turbo kit at some point, how have you got to 350?you still on standard turbo? im only running 10psi at the mo on standard intercooler and turbo, i think im guna go for a grip set up rather than drift:wack:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
For 350bhp you'll defiantly need a bigger booster! Simplest and most economical option (not fuel) would be to get a GT2871R. They are good for 400 with the appropriate supporting mods too.

If you just got yours remapped to 1.2 bar on the standard turbo you'd be surprised how much quicker it would be. People tend to get 290-320bhp like this with a nice lump of torque too, and you'd be ok on the standard injectors and AFM.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
agreed with this man ^^ before stumping up the cash for another setup, have yours mapped up on the 28r - you never know, it may be as quick as you want it ;)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah for me 292 bhp and 327 lbft of torque is plenty for 90% of my daily driving. There's bags of torque and the grin factor thanks to Steve's awesome mappage!! :thumbs:

The only time I seriously want more is when I drag race and get her out on track. There's plenty of torque for sideways fun - wheels spin up easy as I'm still on 17" rims etc. Silverstone is where the performance hunger sets in as I wanna get past some tuned FD's and even some stipped out NA cars that are being naughty boys and not letting me past easy lol. Who said you're not supposed to race on track sessions haha ;)

PS - the more you tune up, the more fuel you use... something which I've started noticing!!

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
Oh the engine is factory
usual bolt on mods, n fuelling upgrades
GT2871 .64housing @ 1.8bar

plenty more on http://fctuning.com/fctwp (Clck on my FCTuningNistune Channel and scroll down to the S15 Pt II in brackets - theres a black one doing 400hp and 450ft Ibs though he is running an RB25DET box and not the SR box so we went that bit further with it)

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
as for the above.. im just doing some major updates. So they S15's will feature online tomorrow as ill be doing batch upload of other samples. So apologies if you clicked the link above and didnt see the associated links.