GT Race Mirrors - Did My Own Version :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hey guys :)

Thought I'd share with you my latest mod which I'm rather proud of lol...

Recently I've been really wanting a set of GT race style mirrors and the only company that seemed to do a proper kit for the S15 is CraftSquare. They are very propular and pretty much every Silvia race/drift car has these from what I can see. But... the price to import from JDM land was ridiculous - gonna work out at least £400 a pair??!! :wack:

So... I decided to save my pennies and look to fabricate my own corner plates, wrap them in CF vinyl which I still had some left over and then source cheaper non CF mirror units themselves. A friend suggested SPA (local company based in Lichfield) and subsequently I purchased a pair from Demon Tweeks :thumbs:

Here are the pics of how I built up the corner plates etc:

Used some cardboard to cut out template and re-use original OEM holes to fit on the new corner plates

Measured the bolt size I needed - M6 will do nicely. Ordered them from eBay cos I wanted black ones

Hacksawed the plastic sheet to make two triangles and then lots of Dremmel action for a nice smooth finish. New cobalt drill bits just goes through plastic like butter - awesome!!

Once cutting and smoothing ready, just applied CF vinyl wrap - took 5 mins

Screwed on the mirrors (after initially setting the angle of the ball joint plus stem) and then located plates on car, finally bolted securely... ta-da!!!

Total cost = £80 for mirrors + £5 for plastic A3 sheet + £1 black bolts

As you can see the saving is massive compared to buying CraftSquare. Ok it's still rough around the edges compared to a proper mirror kit from Japan but I'm not a show 'n' shine and it'll do me :D

James

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Nice one dude thats pretty impressive! Will have to meet up soon and have a proper look! :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Love it mate they look class well done!! P.s I am after the single vented front arches as they look sick!!!,who are they made by??

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
They look really smart in the pics mate. Nice and original too :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers guys :)

Pegliobaglio - bought my front vented arches from DomS15 who advertised them second hand on here. I believe they were originally purchased from EP Racing.

Call Leon from EP and have a chat - they've usually got popular stuff in stock for S15's :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
cheers buddy i will definately do that,another thing added to the list lol
No worries dude :)

Tooley - errm I kinda cracked one of the corner plates when tightening bolts since the plastic is pretty brittle lol but you can't see the crack cos it's been wrapped with CF vinyl hehe :p