What's new

Dyno Day Results

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
On Saturday I went down to Hayes Engineering in Kent link to have my car mapped by Steve Sadler of FC Tuning link.

Ive been slowly changing parts on my car for the last two years and it was finally ready for some real power with the help of a NISTUNE daughter board.

Here are some pics of the day:

And now the bit you all want to see, the results.

Was very impressed and happy with the results 320.8hp @ 1.2bar with 330ft/lbs torque (271.5whp).

This is running the standard turbo and internals, so was the most I was ever expecting from my S15 at this stage.

All in all it was a great day out and I would recommend Steve to anyone looking to get a map.

He is very straight up, honest and likes to educate you along the way about whats going on.

I'll link up to the video footage once it appears.

Thanks Steve :thumbs:

Darren

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Thats a nice graph mate :) Did he explain why your power doesn't drop off at high revs as much as most tend to do?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
well impressive from the setup darren, congratulations again. now, where was that spare 500 quid? oh yeah, i spent it :(........

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Cheers for the comments Craig and Dean and thanks for the explanation Steve.

Exhaust wise I've got a custom made equal length tubular manifold, custom made turbo elbow, ths S14 downpipe, janspeed decat and blitz nurspec rx 3" cat back exhaust system.

I did think the rx would affect my power because it reduces to about 2" in the back box to reduce the noise, but as Steve told me from the start it appeared to make no difference in the end.

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
I was guessing you meant Nistune .lol YES Toby.. I tune all manor of engine management systems... if you click my user info you will see my site info on what ive been providing to the Nissan community on a more personal 1 2 1 basis over the decade ... but as Darren has posted above. His stock ecu now sports this excellent cost effective engine management system

I predominantly supply fit and map the systems to ANY nissan... Ill soon be beta testing on Micra (yes, a Micra turbo believe it or not,lol) but you will find my new Nistune Channel here (Click FCTuningNistune)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Good figures mate... looks like you got similar torque to mine but power is a bit higher (mine is 292 bhp).

I'll stop now as Steve will slap me on the wrist (or left cheek) for talking horses... TORQUE FTW!!! :D :D

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
What's your full spec Darren?

Do you have a graph showing boost curve?
Your the second person to ask me that.

I'll get my cars thread updated with my spec at some point.

The second graph shows the boost curve.

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
Spec is very simple and is really typical of that for an initial stage of tune on an S BODY (in this case the S15)

An ECU upgrade
An Good free flowing 3inch Exhaust System ( plus Manifold from the Cylinder head back )
A Front Mounted Intercooler
A Fuel Pump Upgrade (As the stock one will be a little on the tired side - A Walbro will suffice or a Bosch 044 is my preferred choice for Ultimate reliability)
An Electronic Boost Controller (Either good ol Profec B Spec II, or the NEWER Gizmos recently released) either of those will suffice and can be quickly setup by any competent user or just get your tuner to set it on the dyno safely)

* If you can upgrade the Factory MAF and Injectors but not toooo essential (but this will reduce injector duty cycles considerably fitting 740cc and having the higher resolution Z32 MAF meter fitted will help, unlike the stock MAF will will max out )

Also Colder Heat Range Plug (See my plug guide in my Traders Section on DriftWorks HERE) is essential minimum 7 but you can go 8s ( i prefer NGK BCPR7ES or 8ES's ) most tend to go Iridium but I prefer the copper plug (Just my preference over the 15+ years)