What's new

Dyno Day Results

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
Darren.. thought you should know your dyno footage has been edited and is about to feature on my FCTuningNistune Channel shortly - take a look http://fctuning.com

im currently doing a mahoosive update of content and migrating old and new and yours has been included along with a batch of S15's

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Darren.. thought you should know your dyno footage has been edited and is about to feature on my FCTuningNistune Channel shortly - take a look http://fctuning.com

im currently doing a mahoosive update of content and migrating old and new and yours has been included along with a batch of S15's
Cheers Steve.

I actually caught a peak at it on Sunday night when you must have had it on your site before you started to update it all ;) :cool:

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
hehe.. cheeky.. yep.. took everything down and have tagged every dam piece of footage.. taken me 4 days so far and possibly another 4-5 days every eve :( things I do for you lot eh ;) Your top of the list now

take a look.. having a coffee break before I move onto updating S14a, then S14, then S13, then EVO 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 etc etc

feel free to forward the link to your folk

wutang200

Reaction score
I know its been ages, but Ive finally updated my full spec here :thumbs:
Lol mate your spec is almost identical to how mine is going to be next weekend when Jez maps it bar the manifold which I won't be fitting until the tubby gaskets let go or if I change the turbo in the future or fit braided tubby hoses.

Looking at your boost graph, I reckon you could have made more power if you could have held the boost longer. It seems like it hits 1.2bar then drops off quickly to below a bar. I'm running a HKS actuator along with a Blitz Spec R I Color EBC so hopefully I should be able to hold the boost a little better than yours.

Nismo 740's and Z32 AFM will be fitted next weekend when it gets mapped.

I'll make a thread on here once it's mapped and dyno'd so we can compare figures etc.

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
there is always more power to be made - but your not gonna feel 10hp on the road at 80-100mph. No one is THAT sensetive a driver, hehe..

by all means the engine could make more power yes, timing alterations and boost adjustments (but as we all know common sense tells you no 2 actuators or engines are the same) some will be fit enough to hold boost. some simply wont. Its the turbo nature of things becoming tired over time (As these are now almost, if not, ten year old engines and actuators)

Though, id expect your HKS actuator to hold boost pretty well to the red line even more so with a Blitz Dual solenoid which I highly rate as the best (as I run one myself for the last 10 years)

Im sure you will like the way it drives after the tune as with everyone else Ive sorted over the years :thumbs:

From S15 SR's ive seen most have the same usual basic mods and therefore they will all make the same power n torque give or take 10hp /10ft Ibs. Standard!! ;)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
without cluttering the thread too much steve, are you able to give a conservative 'guesstimate' what you can do with my spec? i know its far more capable than what its doing at the moment and if i'm 100% honest (and i'm definitely no expert) i'm sure the maps only had a couple of tweaks - it was literally mapped while i stood and had a chat with a mechanic and it was back within 20 minutes, i didnt argue as it runs well and i just wanted my car back at the time. its been adequate until now but the more i see what you are doing with other peoples cars and setups, the more i am questioning exactly what i have had done map wise to exploit the bolt ons to thier full potential.......

spec is (only includes stuff i think matters)-
3" system and unequal length tubular manifold
garrett gt2871r 0.64 52 trim
nismo 740's
tomei 256 degree 11.5mm lift poncams
tomei tye a valve springs
z32 maf
grade 8 coppers gapped to 0.72mm
tomei super grommet 1.8mm mhg (thickness to my knowledge from memory)
arp head stud and nut kit to stop any lift
rocker arm retainer kit
greddy profec b2 ebc
oversized apex fmic
apexi filter
mapped on a 'h-d chip' 357@ 1.35 343ib/ft at the moment
capable clutch and lightweight flywheel
255l/hr fuel pump

will have prior to mapping:
hks adjustable actuator
nistune ecu (obviously :) )
anything else reccommended by you as an essential ;)

as its a pretty commonly used setup i'm sure you have a ballpark figure it may reach, all in all my main concern is having the map set for a little more refinement throw some more boost into the mix and take away the rich spots on the map to save the plugs lol.

i know its been a while but i think i sent you my old printouts when you first popped up here, if not i can send you them again ;)

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
with a good factory bottom end, MHG & the nice top end valve train that you have id be expecting to see around 370-380ft Ibs and aroud 330 at the wheel within an hour quite easily

20mins ??? are you winding me up. Im not really gonna comment on that statement you made fella

see here
http://fctuning.com/fctwp/?tag=gt2871
stock engine with 110,000 daily driver.. chap in North London - same tubby as you but stock with similar supporting mods as you

oh and here too
http://fctuning.com/fctwp/?tag=gt2871r

S15 parts 1 & 2 (chap had exhaust leak issues on part 1 and then part 2 all leaks were fixed and the engine was just remapped to suit.. ) oh - engine is stock with an rb25det gearbox ;)

so your guess is good as mine ;)

I hate speculating dude as ive not seen the car, email me your graphs n engine data to my email steve@fctuning.com n ill take a look

Reaction score
Country
Dean - After seeing mine and Darren's results do you really need any more justification ? ;)

Plus Hayes isnt very far from you at all :)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Dean - After seeing mine and Darren's results do you really need any more justification ? ;)

Plus Hayes isnt very far from you at all :)
its a definite that i'll be getting steve to remap it at some point soon, just trying to get some essential jobs out of the way before spending the money on this :)

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
No rush Dean.. ive Nissan ECUs and in particular S Body ECU's in stock for exchange no probs.. So its drive in drive out affair as Im sure the rest of the guys will report back to you that come to me for setting up properly on the dyno

See you when your ready fella... feel free to pop down tomorrow if you want me to look over the car or for a chat as ill be setting up a couple other SR20s tomorrow am (Red Top & Black Top) at Hayes Engineering

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
cheers steve :thumbs:. i would pop in but its still an hours drive, and i'm up to my eyes in diy. the sooner i can finish whats left to do indoors, the sooner i'll be able to get back to messing with the car ;)

wutang200

Reaction score
What's the fuel consumption like on this running 740's and all?

A mate of mine thinks that the injectors will always be pumping exra fuel in due to them being larger in size and boost not being too high.

I'm sure a mapper like Steve could control the injector duty or am I wrong?

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
What's the fuel consumption like on this running 740's and all?

A mate of mine thinks that the injectors will always be pumping exra fuel in due to them being larger in size and boost not being too high.

I'm sure a mapper like Steve could control the injector duty or am I wrong?
My max duty was 59% on the 740cc injectors.

Having larger injectors does not mean you will be injecting more fuel all the time, just means you have the capacity to inject more.

Also there is less chance of the injector failing or causing the engine to run lean because they are not maxing out under load.

Ive not driven it enough to comment on fuel consumption, nor do I really care what it uses, its a sports car :rotfl:

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
Wutang.... What's your mates theory. Lol. I'm interested in hearing what he has said to you.

The car could have 1600cc injectors and still be as economical as a stock engined SR. If you program n setup the ecu correctly then you will have no issues with fuel consumption off boost

wutang200

Reaction score
Thanks Darren, that's not too bad at all as it gives you plenty of headroom. Also agree that the injector would run cooler due to the extra fuel going through them and yes there's a much less chance of injector failure so it's adding to the reliability of it all.

Steve, my mates theory is that due to the way fuel is atomised, it'll chuck way more fuel into the engine than is required due to the extra size and the fact that I'll only be running 1.2bar boost and not all of the fuel will be burnt lol. I knew mappers have the power to control injectors however they like and told him this but I got curious which is why I mentioned it above.

He thinks I'll be wasting fuel because of the size of my injectors.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
nope, its the injector pulse width that controls the delivery of fuel - this is what is sorted out when they map the car. if more fuel is needed at a particular 'load site' then the pulse width is widened to keep the injector open for longer to put more fuel into that cylinder, at that time, under those conditions (factoring in lots of other stuff). the fact that the injector is 440cc or 740cc makes no difference, this is just its maximum capacity to of fuel to inject at once. it doesnt mean to say that a 440cc will pump 440cc's of fuel on every pulse and a 740cc will pump 740cc's - otherwise there would be some super juicy cars out there lol.

i dont know much about mapping etc but this is something i'm pretty sure is correct, steve please let me know if i'm wrong as i dont like to give bum info :)