What's new

Spare car key?

S

S15 SILVIA

Hi all.
Dont know if anyone can help?
I need to get a spare key cut for my car as i only have the one, but im struggling to find somewhere to help.
When i collected the car, Mike told me that the keys arnt coded, or chipped and i would just need a blank nissan key cut.
Went to one place and they didnt want to know, said it is a coded key, and i should go to Nissan.
Went somewhere else who tried to cut me one, but halfway through cutting realised their key was too short!
Last place i went, tested the key and were supprised and told me that the key isnt coded, after i had told them it isnt, and i just needed a plain key cut.
He then kept telling me that these keys are usually coded, and someone has removed the chip in the key and must have fixed it to the steering column. and he wouldnt cut me a key as it would imobilise the ecu if i used a plain key.
What a d!ck. . . . I then said well if some one had removed the chip and fastened it to the column, any key would work, and to just cut me a key.
He then tried to cut me a key, taking no responsibilty for any imobiliser problems, only to find half way through cutting, he didnt have a key long enough!!!! LOL
Ive never had so much trouble trying to get a key cut!!!
Its the standard Nissan key with 2 buttons on it.

Sorry for the rant, but can someone please tell me where to get a key so i can get it cut!
Please!
Mike

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I'm not an expert on the whole key thing and Ive not see one like yours to comment if it has NATS or not.

But I ordered part H0564-AU000 KEY-BLANK MASTER from Nissan, was just over £20.

Then took it to a local key shop and got it cut.

Works fine for me, I have not got NATS.

Like you I had issues finding a key and no one wanted to know.

S

S15 SILVIA

Thanks mate! that's a big help. Will check it out at the Nissan dealer. Mabey cos mine is a 2002-2003 it's different?!
Is your main key different to mine then?
Don't think the jap silvias have NATS!? Was it just the Oz and Nz ones that had NATS?

Reaction score
Hi, i have the same key as you do. I went to a local locksmith and he cut me a standard steel key for €10. The japanese s15's did not come with nats. Once the key length is correct and the blade matches yours youre good to go.

S

SX2002

Looks nothing like the Aussie key, they all came with NATS...and a separate remote door key...

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
correct. only the ADM's came with NATS

Reaction score
Country
The factory central locking key on mine is different to that, it has only 1 button. On the back there is a small screw, that if you remove you can split the case apart and remove the key inside, which on mine was just a normal key. I took it to Timpsons and got one cut for 5 or 6 quid.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Mine is the exact same as Dan H's ^^^^

Need another cut as the first replica I got when I first had car doesn't work very well lol :wack:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
My first S15 had a key the same as in post 1, but my current one has the same as described above ^^

The factory spare key doesn't have the RCL function, it's just a plain key with the Nissan logo/name.