What's new

HICAS how do you tell if you have got it or not?

Reaction score
Country
This might seam like a stupid question but i would like some confirmation if my car has HICAS or not, up until now i did not think so as i cant see what i would think are steering arms on the rear of my car, untill i thought i would check the combo meters bulbs and theres one in the spot for HICAS, since all the manuals for my car are in Japanese i thought i would ask?

Can someone tell me what im meant to be looking at?
If it is there
I thought i would ask just to be sure,

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
you dont have hicas ;)

if you did the most prominent arm in the foreground of the second picture would be a steering arm similar to a track rod, plus the fact you would have a steering rack bolted to the bottom of the rear subframe ;)

Reaction score
Country
you dont have hicas ;)

if you did the most prominent arm in the foreground of the second picture would be a steering arm similar to a track rod, plus the fact you would have a steering rack bolted to the bottom of the rear subframe ;)
Thanks man i thought so, but since im no expert i thought i would ask, and now i have two spare bulbs for my cluster

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
though its a skyline i think, (though its a similar under rear to the 200) this car is equipped with hicas and a lock out bar just to give you an idea

hope this helps.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I know people say HICAS feels weird etc, but I wonder if it would make any positive difference around a track? It would definatly be interesting to drive a HICAS equipped S15.

Reaction score
That HICAS globe/port on the dash consul is stock on all S15 clusters. I have one on my stock one and my Nismo one. If you had it on the rear subframe it would look like this:

And this is what the HICAS rack looks like on its own:

Reaction score
I know people say HICAS feels weird etc, but I wonder if it would make any positive difference around a track? It would definatly be interesting to drive a HICAS equipped S15.
It would be like having one wheel toeing in and one toeing out,at speed the back end would feel skittish that's why guys put in the lockout bars. It would be OK for hard parking :)