What's new

Little Red LED on passenger side of dash!!!

Reaction score
Ok as far as i know s15's come factory with a little red LED on the passenger side of the dash above the airbag, Does anyone know what its for??

I can't seem to work out what turns it on and off... sometimes it flashes too....

who knows?

:cool:

Reaction score
so its the factory imobiliser? then why does it sometimes stay on while driving? it also has an aftermarket alarm fitted with a bright blue one

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Mine does not have one where you have described. so i dont think its factory unless mine was not fitted with one.

Any one else have any input?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
The ADM's came with the NATS (Nissan Anti Theft System) The flashing light is to show the cars immobiliser is active

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
If you have a PowerFC fitted it removes the NATS because the security system is part of the factory computer. If you car is turned off it will flash like normal, when the car is running is will be on steady.

Reaction score
but its not always on thats what i don't get, its on sometimes and then others its not... is it a fuel pump imobilizer by any chance?

Curryzz

Reaction score
I dont have one iv got an aftermarket alarm and dont think it ever had what you are talking about

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
not sure exactly what it immobilises, but it's part of the factory ECU. I would say it stops both spark and the fuel pump.

I am not sure why the light is on sometimes and not others, as far as I know, if you have the PFC fitted it is supposed to be on all the time.

Reaction score
Yes Meddler is right, any after market ECU will not opperate the NATS immobiliser system so the dash light stays on during vehicle opperation. The NATS system works by sending a signal from the chip in you key to the ECU which then grounds the starter to allow the car to start. I have not disconnected my light because I would rather have it on so it looks like I have the stock ECU