What's new

Need ideas on how to anchor my harnesses!

Curryzz

Reaction score
Just need some ideas on how people have done there harnesses, my car is now stipped in the back and me and my girlfriend have spent six hours trying to remove the sticky insualtion crap:down: anyway im nearly there with that so il finish it during the week, but i need to fit ither a stut brace of some kind of mounting points for my harnesses, there driftworks four point ones, idealy id like a strut brace to go accros the back somewhere that they can go on, mite have to get something welded, its all going to be sprayed gloss white and look nice but just cant see a good way of doing the harnesses, dont really fancy a full cage or evan a half cage:no: not if i can help it

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
if you're stripped then why not go for something like this mate, sure a welder could knock on up easily -

its just a metal bar with some brackets welded on the end that bolts between the two seat belt mounting points behind passengers at about shoulder height.

J

JONXLR8

When my S14 was stripped I had eye-bolts in the rear seatbelt mounts which I connected the harnesses to (they should cross over behind the seat). Would have thought you could do the same with an S15 setup.

Curryzz

Reaction score
hmm yeh i think thats ideal actually, but i wouldnt like to ask someone to make it from scratch, i wonder if anyone sells something similar for a S15?Good info tho bud:) im fussy and want it to look nice aswell lol, but that would be nice if it fitted good, id get that sprayed aswell obviously

Curryzz

Reaction score
When my S14 was stripped I had eye-bolts in the rear seatbelt mounts which I connected the harnesses to (they should cross over behind the seat). Would have thought you could do the same with an S15 setup.
Thats what i had up to now but just started stripping it today and want the harnesses to go back onto a bar as i was never quite happy with them on eye bolts down behind the seat, dont no why really

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I've got both harnesses attached with eye bolts to original rear seatbelt mount points and the lap belt on one side I had to get someone to install a plate adaptor (also purchased from DW) on the propshaft tunnel behind the front seat.

Dunno why you're not keen on using original locations as the angles seem ok to me :)

Curryzz

Reaction score
Hmm, i mite end up geting some eyebolts with a plate on and weld them somewhere:) does anyone so a rear strut brace, mite be an idea

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i drilled my strut brace to see what the construction was like and it has three reinforcing channels down the middle - have mine bolted in to the rear strut brace now and it seems a good anchor though not as good as eye bolts as they have a direct connection to chassis. passes mot (with an approved harness) but i also have the original seatbelts if i wanted to use them (which i never do now). harnesses just feel so much better........

Curryzz

Reaction score
Ok bud, im guna pop down to the bodyshop on friday, he also does welding so maybe weld 4 eye bolt plates somewhere, if not il prob go for the strut brace option, got loads of prep work to do this next couple of weeks, moving the wiring etc:)