Racing Mirrors

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hola :)

Does anyone know of a brand or where to get racing style mirrors for the S15 that doesn't cost the best part of £330 before shipping like the ones by Craft Square??!! :wack:

http://www.nengun.com/craft-square/touring-competition-mirror

I know the CS ones look high quality and loads of Jap tuners and drift cars have them but it's money I'm not willing to spend on a set of mirrors!! Obviously if I was going cheaper I wouldn't expect full carbon so not fussed :)

Cheers!

J

PS - I'm hoping Craig will say 'actually... I've got a set of these style mirrors in my garage I can sell you' haha ;) :p

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
PS - I'm hoping Craig will say 'actually... I've got a set of these style mirrors in my garage I can sell you' haha ;) :p
Hahaha! :D Unfortunately not this time mate!

They look very nice though and would suit the style of your car well :)

S

S15 SILVIA

I've got some carbon fiber spa mirrors from tweaks (not for sale) for about £130 ish I think the pair, you could make some base plates out of some carbon sheet and bolt em on with some alloy or stainless bolts, surely be posible for under £200!

Reaction score
Seeing as I just bought a set of Craft Square mirrors for my s15, I am very glad I spent the extra on them as the quality is absolutely second to none. I say save up and spend the extra, as they will bolt straight on with no mucking around and they look awesome.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol Craig - couldn't resist :p

S15 Silvia - good idea mate will have a look at this option although I'd have to check how big these mirrors are and the quality. Carbon sheet will be relatively cheap as I use Carbon mods who sell in A4 size which is plenty enough for x2 base plates :)

dcoghlan - yeah I know what you mean as the quality of CS does look amazing. Just really unsure about spending that much more which is annoying as usually I'd go straight out and buy the bolt on item but with so many other performance mods planned it's not gonna happen in the next few months!!

Cheers

Reaction score
Website
powizzle.tumblr.com
Im considering grabbing a set of these mirrors. Just wondering how is the visibility? They look alot smaller, but apparently they give a wider angle? Does anybody have experiences with the TCA-F and the TCA-N1? I've been in a S15 with Ganadors, and the smaller mirror does make it difficult to change lanes

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I just fitted a set of Ganador's to my S15 the other week and have to say there is a difference but you can still see no bother...remember from your driving lessons always check the blind spot before changing lane :wack:

Reaction score
Country
I've got a set of TCA-N1's on my S15, although small I was very impressed with the visibility, they do have some sort of wide angle built in but you can't tell by looking at the mirror, I have the blue mirror as well. My only gripe is the passenger side mirror is slightly covered by the A-pilar but not much, they hold there position well while driving but they're easy to move when washing which is a pain. Overall quality items

Reaction score
Country
I just fitted a set of Ganador's to my S15 the other week and have to say there is a difference but you can still see no bother...remember from your driving lessons always check the blind spot before changing lane :wack:
Love the look of the Ganador mirrors, where did you get hold of a set?

Reaction score
Website
powizzle.tumblr.com
Also just another question,

Because these are manually adjusted, would the mirror position move due to high-wind? Or sag over time?

I'm assuming the high price tag would mean that they are designed properly, but just wondering if anyone has had any experiences?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I built my own because I didn't wanna spend uber amounts of dollar on the Craft Square ones (as lovely as the are lol).

So I got handy with the measuring tools, hacksaw, Dremmel and made my own carbon vinyl wrapped base plates. Sourced the racing mirrors through Demon Tweeks - SPA GT Nylon Race Mirrors worked out around £70 IIRC :D

And no, they won't move in the high speed wind... mine don't at 140 mph ;)

Reaction score
i will definately be getting a set of craft squares for mine, i wanted a pair for my dc2 when i had it but they didnt do specific fit for a dc2.. so i ended up getting some apr performance ones from america!
but these will definately be making an appearance of the s15 :D

Reaction score
I built my own because I didn't wanna spend uber amounts of dollar on the Craft Square ones (as lovely as the are lol).

So I got handy with the measuring tools, hacksaw, Dremmel and made my own carbon vinyl wrapped base plates. Sourced the racing mirrors through Demon Tweeks - SPA GT Nylon Race Mirrors worked out around £70 IIRC :D

Damn good job there! That must have taken some patience!

Ive had a few sets of craft mirrors and theyre good. I couldnt justify paying the current price tho, its almost as if each reciept should have a tube of lube included

Reaction score
Country

Your mirrors look awesome, top job there...

S

S15 SILVIA

Hey James,
I remember telling you to do that. ;-)
I got some of the spa mirrors, but carbon ones, but they're for my mini.
Definitely the cheaper way of having that style mirror.
Mike

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yes Mike I think for the money you really can't complain about the SPA stuff... I've taken mine to Nurburgring and done all sorts... still there strong as ever! :)

Cheers fellas... yeah some JDM stuff pricing with exchange rate is getting beyond crazy. I just cannot justify spending that amount of cash when there are alternatives like what I did :wack: