What's new

ON OFF switch

S

S15 SILVIA

Hi all.
Know i should just wait and see what it is when i get the car, but wondered anyway, if anyone knows what this on off switch is for, looks factory fitted??!!!
Ive noticed looking at a few picture of other S15's, that there is just a blanking plate there, and in the owners manual, it doesnt list anything there.
Otherwise im guessing its been added at a later date.
Cheers all
Mike

S

S15 SILVIA

Yeh but that pic was taken when the car was in japan! They don't have a rear fog standard do they?
Just looks factory, that's why I ask.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I want that switch! *goes to search FAST*

Would be perfect for a foglight because as you say, it looks stock. :)

S

S15 SILVIA

I want that switch! *goes to search FAST*

Would be perfect for a foglight because as you say, it looks stock. :)
Yeh does look neat, only thing is the switches are supose to be illuminated to pass an mot, as a means of letting you know the fogs on! Lol ( learnt this on a previous jap import I had)
Wouldnt mind knowing what it does, and if it's factory, as if it's for general pap, I could use it for fog, save cutting more holes in the dash!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
if you guys do find a number for the switch let me know. That would be great for a couple of things I have planned. It would be even better if it lit up.

Reaction score
Country
its a switch that when your misses is in the car its to start or stop her yapping

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeh does look neat, only thing is the switches are supose to be illuminated to pass an mot, as a means of letting you know the fogs on! Lol ( learnt this on a previous jap import I had)
Ahh yeah, I forgot about that one. :(
Theres something else i could use it for too thinking about it :)

if you guys do find a number for the switch let me know. That would be great for a couple of things I have planned. It would be even better if it lit up.
Will do :)

T

Toby

For and MOT the fog light switch needs to indicate when it is actually on, ie a light - so it wouldn't pass a MOT..

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
the indicator light is in the dash isn't it?

T

Toby

Are they? The cars don't require one where there built so I don't see why they would have,..

Reaction score
on mine its for interior lights under seats and dash. it must have been a factory option

IIRC there was a thread on this and this was the answer! Blue interior lighting was a factory option, and I believe this is the switch for it! :)

Im pretty sure there isnt a warning light for the fog light in the dash, you need a switch with a warning light on to pass an MOT :thumbs: Although im sure you could make it so a warning light is in the dash (use a spare one like HICAS)

Edit: There is a fog warning light in the dash its just not used!

Taken from Nicelys site...

'You may find that you have never seen them lit before! Some of the socket holes will be empty due to either being blanked-off or certain equipment not being fitted. Two examples are the HICAS and fog warning lights.'

Last edited:

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I thought there was a indicator light for the fogs.

S

S15 SILVIA

IIRC there was a thread on this and this was the answer! Blue interior lighting was a factory option, and I believe this is the switch for it! :)

WTF! Why would something like that be an option? Seems a bit odd, why would anyone want blue interior lighting?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
some cars that were sold in northern japan (iirc the sapporo area) were fitted with rear fogs as they get snow and fog in that region. could be that but it would be easy to find out.

S

S15 SILVIA

Yeh flick it on and off!
Lol
Damn wish I could get my hands on the car!

Reaction score
Country
I thought the factory rear fog used a different lighting stalk behind the steering wheel, and had a warning light in the dash binnacle?

I used the hole where the little coin holder thing goes in the centre console to fit my fog light switch. It's from some other Nissan, and drops straight in the hole. To get around the warning illumination, I changed the switch lighting to a red LED, so it lights up red when turned on, but doesn't illuminate when you put the lights on anymore.