What's new

DC2 to an S15 - anyone made this move? opinions?

W

williamw1987

Hey folks,

First time poster... I've been considering my options of new cars recently as my DC2 is going to end up costing me more in the long run what with the typical honda bodywork etc. I've always been a fan of the S15 but didn't realise how little you can get a Spec S for. Would love to consider a Spec R but I they are a little out of my price range!

Just wondered whether anyone has made a move from a Type R to an S15 Spec S and what your thoughts on it were? I know the S15 will not feel as 'raw' as the DC2 but I would like something that is quick and comfy too :).

Any opinions on the potential move would be appreciated as I'm new to the S15 scene :)

Thanks!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I've done EK9 to S15. They are very different cars but I haven't really looked back. There is a very nice and well priced low mileage Spec S for sale on the fourm at the moment. It's only been for sale for a few days and I can't imagine it hanging round for long. Here is the link..

http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?6666-99-S15-Spec-S

W

williamw1987

^^Awesome, that looks a nice one! Did you go for a Spec S or R btw? I'm wondering what a DC2 and Spec S would be like in comparison... speed wise I think they a fairly equal? Thanks!

Reaction score
i went from an EK4 to my old spec R.... never looked back.

My mate had a JDM DC2 type Rx at the same time as i had mine.

Speed wise, pisses all over the DC2, cornering wise, there probably won't be a lot in it either, unless you're a pro spec driver making full use of the DC2.

You'll be very impressed!

W

williamw1987

Awesome, thanks for that! Have you driven a Spec S? How do you reckon that would compare to the DC2? Ta dude.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I think a JDM or UK DC2 would be a bit quicker than a Spec S. Spec S's are 150bhp and I guess they would weigh a tad more than a DC2..?

Hadling wise, stock DC2 vs a stock Spec S.. I think the Honda would win that one too. Honda's with LSD's are point and shoot cornering which is easy, RWD Nissans aren't!

W

williamw1987

Ah right, I had in my head they were 200bhp... think I misread something, somewhere, that's disappointing lol. Yea, they do weight more than the teg... teg is supposedly 1060kg, with about a 198bhp (JDM spec). Would love a Spec R, but can't afford one at the mo, so might wait and hold on for one. Thanks for the info fella's!

Reaction score
Ah right, I had in my head they were 200bhp... think I misread something, somewhere, that's disappointing lol. Yea, they do weight more than the teg... teg is supposedly 1060kg, with about a 198bhp (JDM spec). Would love a Spec R, but can't afford one at the mo, so might wait and hold on for one. Thanks for the info fella's!
A DC2 Integra would kill a Spec S S15 (N/A) on all fronts. The 200hp version you're thinking of is the Autech S15 (tuned N/A SR20DE; with Spec R chassis and running gear). Price wise in NZ the Autech sells for close to Spec R money; so unless you want exclusivity and N/A; the Spec R is the choice. Get a spec R when you can, you won't regret it.

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
x2 if I am honest I wouldnt bother with a Spec S if the only reason is you cant afford it just now, end of the day if you end up going for a Spec S just cause youra tad inpatient and want it all now (bit like my self :rotfl:) you will always know you should of saved they extra few months to get a Spec R :wack:

Hope you get somthing your looking for soon dude! :thumbs:

W

williamw1987

^^Thanks dude :)... I will hold out for a Spec R. Make's more sense as I will only want the turbo a few weeks after knowing me lol. Yea, I'm very impatient when I see something I'd like... but I'll do my best and hold on for an R. Thanks :)

A DC2 Integra would kill a Spec S S15 (N/A) on all fronts. The 200hp version you're thinking of is the Autech S15 (tuned N/A SR20DE; with Spec R chassis and running gear). Price wise in NZ the Autech sells for close to Spec R money; so unless you want exclusivity and N/A; the Spec R is the choice. Get a spec R when you can, you won't regret it.
Ah, thats the one I remember reading about now... ta for the input dude.

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
i have a DC5 for my daily driver and the s15 for weekend fun:D

They are very different cars, the s15 is just crazy :p and my Teg is more refined :wack:

i do agree with the guys above and think you would be better finding yourself
a spec R and not a spec S :nod:

henrico

Reaction score
I had a dc2 before I bought my spec R and they are quite different cars. The dc2 was better for country roads in that it gave you the confidence to nail it being FWD. I think for FWD the dc2 was one of the best options to get, maybe the best but I'd had enough of it and wanted RWD. I think if you want a car that has more power and RWD, looks better and is more fun at low speed, more modable and even more exclusive, get the S15 :D

Ooops, just noticed the spec S bit... haven't driven one so not sure but it's still RWD and looks better ;)