What's new

B , C etc Packages

T

Toby

Morning

First off i promise I have serached, but to no joy.

Can someone clarify what you get in the vrious packages i see the Spec R' came with?

Reaction score
Country
From what I can remember there a 3 packages regarding styling.. cant remember what letters they were assigned but they went something like...

1st - full fabric interior, standard s15 body
2nd fabric interior, aero s15 bumpers, skirts & spoiler
3rd - leather seats, aero s15 bumpers skirts and spoiler

something along those lines i mate. i've seen it on a website somewhere but not a clue what/where lol

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Great link Jase :thumbs:

Christ I only have 259cc injectors :ghey: gotta get myself some standard Spec R ones & a standard spec R pump - the S is 50kg lighter though :wack:

Reaction score
Country
Great link Jase :thumbs:

Christ I only have 259cc injectors :ghey: gotta get myself some standard Spec R ones & a standard spec R pump - the S is 50kg lighter though :wack:
:O 50kg for a turbo, intercooler & pipes?! thats a lot of weight for those parts! or are there other heavy bits the R has that the S doesnt?

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
The S doesn't have all the structural bracing, smaller front calipers, thinner ARB's, different gearbox / driveshaft / diff & 15" alloys as standard instead of 16's :D

Edit;

AND a much smaller fuel pump and injectors :wack:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
woah! didnt realise there was so much of a difference! but i guess it makes sense to make them different in a few more ways, as they are different variants as such..

but either way.. regardless of spec.. and s15 is an s15. :D

Reaction score
Country
its confusing to read through.. but heres what i think it is broken down for yours:

GBYARUFS15EZ4GCB

G = Coupe
BY = SR20
A = 2 Wheel Drive
R = Right Hand Drive
U = Spec-R
F = something to do with the transmisson as A is Auto and Y is manual... yours a semi?
S15 = Body
E = N/A
Z = New Zealand (?)
4 = 4 Seats
GCB = ???

which confuses me a bit because that would make it an N/A spec-R... :s

anyways as for your package it is... it doesnt seem to match any of those tables for the specific package :(

theres a website with photos of all the packages on it somewhere because i saw it before i bought my car.. not a clue what or where now, but it is out there somewhere. it was japanese coz i had to use google to translate. that might be your best bet i'm afraid

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
According to the link "U" can be spec S or spec R, I figured the F was for five speed manual because the link only lists the auto & 6 speed.

Z = New Zealand (?)
Thats what I was thinking too, do the NZ models have the longer chasis No's like the AUD models or do they have the shorter ones like the JDM's because I've a 6 digit no so S15-xxxxxx

Reaction score
Country
i think you might have it spot on there mate!
this could be a pretty useful thread for the curious ones amongst us!