What's new

Silvia remapped by Steve @ FC Tuning... POW!!!

Reaction score
I really think fitting a GT2871R would affect the general driveability for the average fast road car so I reckon it would actualy be better to stick to a T28R as it has nice early peaky torque whereas the GT2871R would only get going properly around 4300rpm onwards.

I'm contemplating keeping the T28R and going for a nice torquey map like this one.
I disagree complety, all you need to do is drop it a cog, Christ my last two cars have been Honda and you need to drop 2 bit this is something you get used too, my old ek9 only starting making good @ 6k..

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol Steve kept telling me to 'SHIFT EARLIER!!' when we went out for post test drive :D :D

I used to shift around 6k or slightly above but after FC Tuning's immense torque remap I now see 5k and SHIFT!! Noticed on a 'spirited' A-road drive the other day that my peak revs are now around 5.5k so duty cycle remains ~90%. There's no point driving harder than this as the torque drops off quick after 5.5k pffffff :thumbs:

Reaction score
Yea your torque dies but power keeps climbing. If you wanna go as fast as possible you wanna change when your power drops not when torque drops. Torque makes drifting easier thanks the twist but power makes the speed. look at hondas they have hardly any torque but are up there with the fastest. It depends what your trying to achieve I suppose if it's skidding then torque and racing power.

Reaction score
Check out the difference an exhaust can do to you car, more power and torque all the way accross the rpm and doesnt die out so early, now peaks at 303HP!! the car did pull 306hp @ 1.2Bar but had to back the boost down a little as the injectors were being worked to hard.

258WHP from 240 cant complain... much repect for Steve he is a magician with Fuel Computers!

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Nice! does it feel much different to drive? You've got a nice consistent 300bhp from 5000 - 6500 too :)

Reaction score
its a speeding crazed maniac now, so much more power which seems to deliver more smoothly for longer rather than struggling with the restriction... Steve said my lamda is on its way out though doesnt effect it on boost or the map but when cruising it will wreck fuel economy...

i wonder why it was crap! thought it was the way i drive (might have a bit to do with it lol)

just need the thing to stop better now, Got some R33 GTR Brembo front calipers on there way soon through a friend for a good price already mated with ferodo ds2500 pads and stock discs..

not sure if in need special brake lines? and will need to source some bolts to hold calipers on.......... need to do more research but i know they bolt up no bother.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, GTR brembo's with DS2500's will do the job perfectly well :nod:

They are very good pads, especially if you like washing your wheels! Brake dust is the only downside to them.

Reaction score
got a Z32 AFM on the way that i got offered for a bargain, and it couldnt be passed up.. :no:

then onjectors and a turbo, but im going tto have to kerb it for a while as there only so many things i can sell to accumalte the funds lol

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
not sure if in need special brake lines? and will need to source some bolts to hold calipers on
Get some braided brake lines.

I used the special Apex ones that replace both the rubber hose line and the solid metal pipe, rather than just the rubber hose like most.

When I fitted mine I needed to find some new bolts.

The thread and girth of the R33 GTR bolts are fine but the shank is to long and would require a 1cm spacer.

Not what you want to do on your caliper bolts.

Nice new results :thumbs:

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
its a speeding crazed maniac now

need to do more research but i know they bolt up no bother.
Speak to Dan Big Brakes in Hemel Hampstead. just tell him Steve said to give you a call and he'll look after you and do the best deal for you fella

Glad your enjoying the cars performance even more :)