What's new

Silvia remapped by Steve @ FC Tuning... POW!!!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I think if you don't like exhausts too loud it's perfect mate!! :)

With the centre box cut out she's been noise tested at 89.3 dB and that was at 5,000 rpm!! Sounds pretty much the same as before but slightly more throaty when the right foot is happy - I'm just a chavy noise whore so that's why I wanna change it haha :D

Let us know what you think ;)

Jay

Reaction score
i can give you an opinion on the japspeed as i had it fitted yesterday. its...... loud!!! my 15 is decatted, i dont know if that contributes to the noise or not....

if it gets too much then they come with a bung thingy that bolts into the backbox and quiets it down some. i didnt get one with mine so am waiting to see what difference that makes

Reaction score
How was the fitment as i spoke to a guy called Sniffy on SXOC and he said he had issues with clearance on the back of the gearbox area and needed to be re shaped?

he also said it didnt clear the rear bumper?

and also commented on the loudness...

you can buy a silenced decat for around £100 from japspeed i think but by that time you may aswel take the plunge for a branded system...

im still keeping Japspeed as a consideration, let us know if the end silencer makes a difference

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also i can vouch for the japspeeds loudness. Paid £300 for a system from them and fook me it's loud. maybe too loud?? lol it's comes with a bung though :)

Reaction score
what it like in cabin in cruise though?

is it a droaner on the motoway? or does it just get noisy when pushing your foot on the pedal

Reaction score
yea i can vouch also its your fault we get busted drifting being so loud and all :p
Haha ok i'll admitt to that one. Just to make everyone aware though it's not on the roads, it's in a private carpark. I don't condone drifting on the roads. It's illegal and stupid!

Reaction score
what it like in cabin in cruise though?

is it a droaner on the motoway? or does it just get noisy when pushing your foot on the pedal
I don't really notice, just turn the music up to drown the noise out. It does droan though mate but with the car being alloy bushed and the 2 way diff, noise isn't really an issue. The car sounds as if it's about to break all the time with the noises going on lol

Jay

Reaction score
yep, with the "ahem" loud pedal to the floor it gets real shouty around the 4-5k mark, but doing a steady motorway run its liveable... i like it :thumbs:

Jay

Reaction score
How was the fitment as i spoke to a guy called Sniffy on SXOC and he said he had issues with clearance on the back of the gearbox area and needed to be re shaped?

he also said it didnt clear the rear bumper?

and also commented on the loudness...

you can buy a silenced decat for around £100 from japspeed i think but by that time you may aswel take the plunge for a branded system...

im still keeping Japspeed as a consideration, let us know if the end silencer makes a difference
i found the fitment to be spot on, on the old nismo system i had there was issues with it bouncing off the propshaft, but the japspeed clears everything nicely.

i only paid £100 for it second hand off japspeed, hence why i have no bung atm!

sx-si

Reaction score
I think if you don't like exhausts too loud it's perfect mate!! :)

With the centre box cut out she's been noise tested at 89.3 dB and that was at 5,000 rpm!! Sounds pretty much the same as before but slightly more throaty when the right foot is happy - I'm just a chavy noise whore so that's why I wanna change it haha :D

Let us know what you think ;)
what exhaust you got as im trying to get 400+ tourqe with minimal noise yet with a screamer

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
Overlay of engine data from 3inch and 2.5inch NA exhaust systems

mine was holding boost a little better at higher RPMs but the exhaust was hampering my high end power on the car as its only a 2.5" NA exhaust, you can actually hear it struggling to get the gases out fast enough!

i may look to change this in the future but isnt really affecting my enjoyment of it at the moment as there plenty to play with.. i made 287 i think and from my graph you can see my power dies slighty earlier than james hence the exhaust and my torque peaked at 333 lbsft.

Just for everyones information :)

http://gallery.mac.com/fctuning#101331&bgcolor=black&view=mosaic&sel=0

Last edited:

wutang200

Reaction score
I really think fitting a GT2871R would affect the general driveability for the average fast road car so I reckon it would actualy be better to stick to a T28R as it has nice early peaky torque whereas the GT2871R would only get going properly around 4300rpm onwards.

I'm contemplating keeping the T28R and going for a nice torquey map like this one.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I really think fitting a GT2871R would affect the general driveability for the average fast road car so I reckon it would actualy be better to stick to a T28R as it has nice early peaky torque whereas the GT2871R would only get going properly around 4300rpm onwards.

I'm contemplating keeping the T28R and going for a nice torquey map like this one.
that 28r is making 150/225ib/ft @3k, the 2871r i have is making that same 150hp 500rpm later, difference is that the 2871r is making a very useful 320hp and 343ib/ft b4 5k.the 28r is maxing out at less than 300 at redline.......its the same with all turbos, you rob power and torque from one part of the rev range to give to the other. the best thing about the 28r is how ferociously it comes on boost whereas the 2871r gives a more even spread while still spooling very quickly. the best thing about the 2871r is that you will make more power than the 28r can flow for and still have a couple of thousand rpm left to run hence not ragging its tits off for the same or more power. hope that makes sense, i still miss the 28r sometimes for its awesome boosting and response but when the 2871r starts blowing it really notices and under hard acceleraton will easily light up the rear tyres in the dry in third. in the wet it will do it in fifth - no joke :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Wutang - totally understand where you're coming from and I'm by no means a bhp whore esp after meeting Steve and being more 'educated' about power/torque benefits etc.

However, as much as I feel my current map with 327 ft lb of torque is awesome and comes in soooo early, I believe this is only at it most beneficial when the roads are tight and twisty. Say a good blast around the Welsh hills for me lol :D I don't think you can beat a setup like this when you have to brake heavy and change gears constantly. But from getting used to what Steve has already mapped and done, I'm ready to take it to the next level with the 2871R... main reason is because I don't drive tight, twisty roads everyday (in fact pretty rarely) and with most roads I can light up on having long, straight sections, the stock 28 is struggling and completely runs outta puff above 5k (as evident from the mapping graphs). I'm sure the 28R will produce a little more and even more spool up but from what I need which is fast road but with lots of straight sections in general plus drifting requirements, I still think the 2871R would be better even if I trade ultimate spool up response with more power and torque spread across a wider area :thumbs:

wutang200

Reaction score
I see what you guys are saying but straight line speed can't be that bad with a GT28R surely? But I can understand where you're coming from. I'm more of a quick spool up & useable power band kind of guy than all out straight line speed.

I'm after ultimate response with great linear power delivery and strong torque so I can do some damage on straights and also hold my own in the twistys.

Hopefully I'll have it remaped before TOTB and will run mine in RWYB on the Saturday and see how it fairs.