What's new

Silvia remapped by Steve @ FC Tuning... POW!!!

Reaction score
yeah 3" decat and front pipe but goes to a 2.5 NA designed exhaust as this was on the car- i may change this and see if it helps! steve actually commented at the noise coming from the rear muffler like a jet whoosy noise in high rpms.. sounds pretty awaesome but i think this might be affecting it.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, a 3" system will defiantly free it up a lot and should remove most of that big power drop after 6000rpm. I know what you mean about the noise though! One of my mates had a Bluebird turbo a year or so back for a laff and that used to make a thrusting noise on boost!

It's worth saving up a bit and getting a good Japanese system though IMO :)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
The one thing worrying me is my exhaust causing power loss.

I've got:

equal length tubular manifold > standard turbo > custom turbo elbow > 3" downpipe > 3" decat > blitz nurspec rx

Thing is although the nurspec rx is a 3" cat back, to get it jasma approved it reduces to 2" in the very end of the back box, and I'm sure this will affect tope nd power?

Jay

Reaction score
i have heard good things bout the japspeed, and as such have bitten the bullet and have one on order. should be on the car in next couple days so will let you know :thumbs:

Reaction score
i have heard good things bout the japspeed, and as such have bitten the bullet and have one on order. should be on the car in next couple days so will let you know :thumbs:

sorted mate let me know as soon as you have on the car! i just worry it will be fooking loud

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
The one thing worrying me is my exhaust causing power loss.

I've got:

equal length tubular manifold > standard turbo > custom turbo elbow > 3" downpipe > 3" decat > blitz nurspec rx

Thing is although the nurspec rx is a 3" cat back, to get it jasma approved it reduces to 2" in the very end of the back box, and I'm sure this will affect tope nd power?
i wouldn't worry about it, my silent hi-power system is jasma certified and has the same restriction in the backbox of reduced bore. doesnt seem to harm it any......

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I'm also running Silent High-Power backbox so does that mean I actually have same restrictions as Tom but for some reason my power/torque didn't tail off like his did?? Confused.com lol :)

I think Tom's exhaust sounds mental... more like a damn bike can haha :D I'm gonna get Powerflow to custom fit a backbox that's more throaty and aggressive AFTER I've been to The Ring (95 dB and all that shizzle) hehe ;)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
silent hi-power with all silencers fitted and a fairly rich map

cant see that being the restriction to be honest.....

Last edited:
Reaction score
mines a NA exhaust dude, its sufficating the poor car at higher RPMs but sounds good...

2.5 " vs 3"

thats why yours is making good power right until the turbo gives up at 6750 and your power drop off, my power is starting to struggle before 6k and slowly falls unlike yours where it drop very suddenly.

wanna get a new exhaust on soon and te Japspeed looks well made and cool and good price... dont want a droaning loud exhaust though, gonna wait for some feedback from JayONC! need to get it done forPTM on te 9th may though me thinks.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
thats not the tubby running out of puff mate, think its boost control. :) this was made at 1.3bar but these can flow a fair bit more - 1.6 ish iirc........

i'd of thought there'd be different characteristics to a smaller bore exhaust - maybe more torque at the cost of horsepower. either way 2.5" isnt ideal and though the japspeed systems look very good (they look like motoria systems) i've heard they are very droney on the motorway and loud as hell plus the stainless doesnt wear as well as jap systems (i'm starting to sound like a jdm bummer lol). best bet is to ask the s14 boys, there are loads of them over there running it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
that message was meant for james mate its just you posted when i was in midflight of writing a message, cheers for the advise though

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
sliding-r said:
jasma is what i have, is that wat it means then?
Ok so jasma is a Japanese organisation who only approve exhausts below a certain noise level, think it's 92 db or something.

If u have a jasma plate welded on thats what it means.

I really like my blitz nurspec rx, nice at idle, not droany on the motorway, but also does sound really nice on full chat.

Assuming it does not affect the power, and looks as though it won't from what Dean says, I'd highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Darren,

i have the same Blitz nur Spec RX and it is almost perfect like you said, but when i had the car mapped with Jez at Horsham Developement, He did tell me that the system was quite restrictive at the back box and could be felt at high RPM during the mapping.... Although that could just be the standard turbo running out of puff?!

I was talking at the time about upgrading to a larger turbo and Jez mentioned if i did i would probably wanna swap the exhaust to the normal Nur Spec or similar to free up the flow.....

just thought i'd share what i was told lol

Ian

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Hi Darren,

i have the same Blitz nur Spec RX and it is almost perfect like you said, but when i had the car mapped with Jez at Horsham Developement, He did tell me that the system was quite restrictive at the back box and could be felt at high RPM during the mapping.... Although that could just be the standard turbo running out of puff?!

I was talking at the time about upgrading to a larger turbo and Jez mentioned if i did i would probably wanna swap the exhaust to the normal Nur Spec or similar to free up the flow.....

just thought i'd share what i was told lol

Ian
Thanks for that info Ian, interesting to hear.

Well I'm going to go ahead with the map as is and see what it puts out.

Could always get the nurspec r back box but I reckon it would be too loud.

I should still see figures in the 300s I'd expect which is fine until I get
more power hungry.

Reaction score
I'm getting the vibe that they are pretty loud these japspeed systems from Reading a little on the sxoc forum, I want some noise but don't want a drowney pipe as I have to do some miles:yawn: in it aswell as play:D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Really surprises me about the Jasma thing being a standard for noise levels on an exhaust cos Tom's is Jasma approved and it sounds LOUD AS FECK to me lol!!! :D

Can't wait to make mine louder... if it's too loud for motorway I'll just wear my helmet all journey lmao... or get those ear plugs ;)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
is yours really still a nice tone on the silent hipower with the centre box cut out james? i'm getting mine cut out today.....