What's new

bhp figures what do you think??

Reaction score
Country
hi

i have a few mods and im interested to know what anyone thinks my power output would roughly be

i have
front mount intercoller
blitz filter
full exhuast system

i do wanna get it on the rollers but would be nice to see what figure ill be looking for :)

any replys il be most thankfull :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i'd expect it to be running lean and squeeze about 260-270? fit a walbro fuel pump asap as the standard one are crap, then fit a boost controller and have it mapped for around 300 hp and a totally different feel :)

Reaction score
Country
Because in my experience aftermarket parts only make more power after the fuelling and ignition has been adjusted whilst the car is being mapped and the boost pressure has been increased.

Also its rare for cars to make spot on the factory quoted power output when there new, let alone 10 years later.

If you want i can post a dyno graph from my car with before and after curves from mapping. Had similar mods to you that i can list for you as well :thumbs:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'd guess around 250 too from experience, but it will depend on a lot of things, including where you get it dyno'd as this is probably the biggest variable.

If you got it remapped at the mod/boost level you are at now, you would still see a good jump in performance. Just need to get the fueling sorted initially.

D

darkphoenix

Just check Matt, think you'll find you have the Splitfire ignition leads fitted too ;)

Reaction score
Country
Have I??i was going to replace the leads as it misses after 6000rpm and my
mate had a sr20det n it sorted that problem .was guna get new plugs leads fuel
pump eventually then roller it.

Reaction score
Country
Because in my experience aftermarket parts only make more power after the fuelling and ignition has been adjusted whilst the car is being mapped and the boost pressure has been increased.

Also its rare for cars to make spot on the factory quoted power output when there new, let alone 10 years later.

If you want i can post a dyno graph from my car with before and after curves from mapping. Had similar mods to you that i can list for you as well :thumbs:
ye thatll be spot on mate get the dynos posted :D

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The lower it is, the bettter!.. As when you get the remap done, the more of a jump you'll have! Thats one way of looking at it anyway! :wack:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i'd still expect it to make a little more power than standard rather than less - having a free flowing exhaust and filter + front mount cooler should lift actuator boost to nearer 1bar, but you will again likely see lean running conditions - again could make for more power but not exactly what you want in your situation.....

Reaction score
Country
yee nice.im guna save some pennys up and get a new uprated fuel pump and then get it rollered :) see whats happening with her.i just dont wanna mess with her too much that shes gonna start breaking ;)

Reaction score
Country
but if i wanted to get her to 300ish bhp what would i have to get done or change ?cause i wudnt mind in future soon to get her up to that power :)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
but if i wanted to get her to 300ish bhp what would i have to get done or change ?cause i wudnt mind in future soon to get her up to that power :)
in short:

full exhaust from turbo back
air filter
uprated or fixed dump valve
front mounted intercooler
walbro fuel pump
boost controller set to 1.2bar peak
remap

thats it, this should see you to and through the 300bhp barrier. some people like to fit injectors and afm in advance but on the standard turbo its not an essential at all as the standard afm and injectors can flow enough on the t28r.
:)

Reaction score
Country
nice cheers mate :)

i got exhuast system and front mount and filter im in workin progress of gettin furl pump but not sure if my mates pump off his s14 will fit do you know if it will?
then gota save and get boost controller and remap :D

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
youre best bet is to get a new walbro so you know its perfect, they are one of the cheaper things you'll ever buy, about 70-00. they are the same between the s14 and s15.