What's new

*cries* my s15 smiles no more *cries*

Reaction score
Country

pretty self explanatory i guess..

needs new bumper, bonnet, left light unit, radiator & fan, and the main bar going across the front end is bent.

so my baby is gonna be off the road for quite some time! just gotta wait for insurance company to arrive and pay out!

at least the new bumper wont have any stone chips on it :D

sooooo annoying!!! :(

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
How did it happen mate? Hope no-one was injured. :(

If your going to go through the insurance I bet they will just write it off.

Reaction score
Country
How did it happen mate? Hope no-one was injured. :(

If your going to go through the insurance I bet they will just write it off.
you reckon they'l just write it off? hope not! :(

just waiting for the insurance companies assessment! :(

*no one was injured thankfully :)

Reaction score
Very very sorry to hear this mate.

Something very very similar happened to me as well with identical damage, even down to my left headlight breaking, but the right didn't. Only thing is my bonnet didn't go that high. Check the thread out here:

http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?5827-Had-a-run-in-with-some-mud

To repair this, you're gonna need:

Radiator Core Support
Upper Bumper bar
Centre Bumper bar
Bumper
Bonnet
Bonnet Hinges
Radiator
Tension Rod brackets
Left Headlight
A/C Rad will also be shot

Also the car is going to most probably need to be jigged a bit, the front the chassis rails are probably bent slightly.

The total cost bill was very high, so theres no doubt the insurance company will write it off :(

Let me know if you need any help mate!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Which insurance company are you with?

When you look at it and add up the costs they will easily reach a fair few thousand even though it doesn't look too bad. Then add on the costs of everything else such as supplying you a hire car while it's being fixed etc, and it will soon add upto the value of the car. Did the airbag go off?

Reaction score
Here's a picture of my car after I crashed it, as you can see the damage is very similar:

But rest assure mate, the damage isn't too bad and defo can be sorted out and made brand new.

Reaction score
Country
cheers guys, airbag didnt go off thankfully (wasnt going that fast i dont think. was in a 40 zone and i braked so dunno what impact speed would have been. less than 15mph apparently otherwise airbag would have triggered.)

what would happen in the case of a write off? because obviously i want to keep the car as it took me long enough to get hold of!
i mean if it got written off would i be able to keep it and just work the costs out myself and such?

Reaction score
Country
I think you can buy the car back if the insurance write it off- although i'm not 100% certain of this.
Might wanna think about fixing this yourself without using your insurance bro. Parts can be a bit pricey though.

Reaction score
Country
yeah only thing is there was another car involved, only very minor damage to theirs, theyl probably only need a bumper. and no doubt want insurance to work it.. :/
but the bill for parts, paint and labour for my car will be well into the thousands :(

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
ah man, really sorry to see this :( but glad you're ok. it looks repairable.....if the insurers do write it off, try and buy it back. you could then either repair it or break it and use the funds and the payout to get another one......

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If you go through the insurance I bet the total bill for repair will be over 5k, then you have the extras ontop. Sounds silly but when you see the list of brand new parts that the repairer will want, and the cost of them from Nissan UK, you will see my point. If you repair it like Andeep did with some used parts and a very good body shop, you could probably probably do it for 2k at a push, but then theres the problem of trying to find all the parts you need and at a decent price. :rolleyes:

You can normally buy it back from the insurer, but if you then repair it, it'll be a cat C/D (which means virtually nothing on these cars). The main reason for S15's being written off is the cost and availability of parts. :down:

Reaction score
If they do write it off then you should be able to buy it back. I wrote off my 200sx a few years ago. The insurance company wrote it off and paid me very 80% of what I paid to buy it (£5.5K is what I paid). I then phoned the insurance company and managed to get the car for £275!!! Please bear in mind it was a CAT A write off (really bad chassis damage) and could NOT go back on the road, but parts were fair game.

My advice is to get it home as quickly as possible after the engineer has looked at it. If it is written off and you don't ask to buy it back they will just tow it away once you have been paid as it's no longer yours. Basically, get it back on your driveway ASAP.

Sorry to see this mate. I know what it feels like to crash your pride and joy. I hope they don't write it off as it would look good with a carbon bonnet. Probably cheaper than oem too.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cat A!? I bet you were lucky to get out of that one!! :eek: Cat A's are only suitable for scrap, so I'd possibly keep that one quiet if I was you!

Category A Insurance Write Off - the vehicle must scrapped and no parts or components can be sold other than for scrap. Amounts vary but the scrap value rarely covers the cost of recovery and delivery to a scrap yard

Reaction score
Country
cheers for the advice and nice words. its getting recovered to a local garage by the insurance company today/tomoro to assess it. will keep you updated on any developments!