What's new

*cries* my s15 smiles no more *cries*

Reaction score
I don't know if its the same over there,but when a car is written off by an insurance company here it becomes their property once they pay you out the agreed value. You can then buy it back from them as a write off,repairable or not, for a nominal price pretty much what they would sell it to a wreckers for.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
^^^ sounds about right over here mate.

Soz to hear this dude!! :( Gutted for ya but if it was me and it's not a daily driver and I was able to buy it back for a lot less then I'd put my money into a whole load of aftermarket parts which usually seem to work out so much cheaper than Ni$$an original parts etc. But that's just me - if you want everything stock and back to how it was then that's your choice but as Craig mentioned this is why the repair bills are estimated at such high value lol?! :wack:

Reaction score
Cat A!? I bet you were lucky to get out of that one!! :eek: Cat A's are only suitable for scrap, so I'd possibly keep that one quiet if I was you!
All above board. I had to remove all the parts, but make sure all the shell was scrapped.
I'm just hoping that JaseYpk's car does not go the same way.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah but your not supposed to sell anything on Cat A's other than for scrap (parts and shell). Cat B's can't be put back on the road either, but the parts can be sold. :)

Is there any news yet Jase? You should be able to make it work out OK, whatever the outcome :nod:

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Sorry to see this, glad to hear no one was hurt.

Regarding the buying back, I think it depends on the insurance company, some let you and some do not.

Hope you get it all fixed up.

Reaction score
Country
no news yet, i'm afraid
its getting recovered thursday sometime to the garage (its at my house now, sat on the driveway sulking... both me and the car.. lol)

so hopefully an assessor will be onto it sometime next week. i'm not sure how it works, whether its an assessor from the garage or if the insurers have to send someone out. so will have to wait and see!

as for the plan if it gets written off, yes i'l buy it back, and yes i'l be after aftermarket parts :D
a carbon bonnet wil be top of the list! however keeping the aero front bumper as i like it :)

but like i said.. gotta wait and see! best bit is i'm away for work until a week on friday/sat so my dad is going to have to deal with my car whilst i'm away.. which is a real downer..