What's new

HKS - rumours they are no more....?

Jay

Reaction score
i have heard on the grapevine that HKS have gone under, has anyone else heard these rumours? not sure i believe them myself as the website is still active etc....

Reaction score
I hope not. I look at a few forums and no mention there of it.

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough though!

Nemesis Guy

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.nemesisuk.com
Rumors can spread like wildfire!lol I have spoken to HKS and they said I cannot tell you how many times that has been asked. Just one person has to say something then the phones go wild. They currently say they are doing ok but I'm sure once the real news got out it would be all over Google. Just like typing in Greddy/Trust Bankruptcy and see what that comes up with! It wouldn't surprise me though if it was actually announced as HKS are a huge huge company and it’s I’m sure its hard for them to maintain with the current market place with copies appearing left, right and centre when they are the ones that have put all the money into research and development. That always why the product can seem so expensive compared to copied items as they don't have this cost and cut as many corners as they can.

I’m sure you have all seen the two legendry red drift HKS S15’s. The money and development that has been put into those cars is unreal from having conversations with HKS Europe! As with the engine they done Step 1, 2 and 3 components from street to pure racing as well as developing 5 different types of gear boxes from H-Patten dog engagement, Sequential, cross cut and straight cut gear ratios. You really need to flick through a HKS Master catalogue to see and really appreciate what the company has done for Japanese tuning! As I don’t think many do people really. As LuPix Said there like a national treasure and would be a real shame to see them gone.

Jay

Reaction score
well i certainly hope that they stay the course and stay strong, my car for one has numerous HKS parts and future plans include one or two more!!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
some of the main tuners are beginning to discontinue certain stuff for the traditional import favourites and concentrating more on the new wave of hot hatches - from a business point of view it makes sense i suppose there being so many more, but who would in thier right mind spend such money on, say, a small turbo kit for a yaris that costs 6k for 30 horsepower etc.....

i've often wondered if it would pan out well for tuners if they reduced prices in order to open up the market and perhaps sell more product - after all its the prices of the products that are killing these companies......would they rather go bankrupt with shelves full of unsold product or stay afloat and shift it?

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
As Nemesis guy said its just a rumour

we have been ordering stuff from the guys at HKS today and alls good :thumbs:

As for parts should be lower priced,people will still pay a little more for a quailty item:nod:
you can get cheaper parts but you dont always get the quailty ;)

Reaction score
well i certainly hope that they stay the course and stay strong, my car for one has numerous HKS parts and future plans include one or two more!!
I'm in the exact same position,just waiting on my HKS waste gate actuator and camber tops