What's new

In a bit of a dilema :-(

Reaction score
Well my worsed nightmare happened a couple of weeks ago, a crack appeared in the windscreen f*@king great, started off as a small crack and grew and grew from the top drivers corner down. What makes it all the more worst was that my mot runs out at the end of this month (Thats now in 2 days time). Anyways back to 2 weeks or more a go so i get on the phone to my insurance brooker adrainflux who direct me to national windscreens. National windscreen looking into getting me windscreen replaced and get back to me saying "we can replace your windscreen but through your insurance company (NIG) there only pay to the sum of £499 to replace the windscreen through them and the total cost of the replacement windscreen worked out at around £900". so i'd have to pay the additional £400 plus my £75 window excess. I was told be national windscreen that if i was to go to autoglas my insurance company would pay the complete job obviously i'd still have to pay my excess. So with that i ring up autoglas who confirm that they would replace the windscreen and i'd only be paying my excess. So i said great and with that they took some details (i explain to them that they may require my chassis number with it being and import, but igonred my surgestion saying just the number plate was required) and my £75 quid, I get a call from my local autoglas centre to arrange booking in my car. Then a call back saying guess what? we need your chassis number e.t.c. So i provide my details and they said we're going to have to send the information back to there head office to source the windscreen and could take up to 10days, I'm now thinking geez things are going to be tight with my mot running out. anyways not alot i can do about that. Anyways i get a call back after a week yep we've got your windscreen but unfortunatly we're waiting on the surround your have to wait a littlet longer. another good few day go passed and i'm think havent heard anything from them and my mot running out is fast approach (they now are aware of my situation concerning the mot). so gave them a ring to be told shouldn't be long now your our top priority i let you know as soon as we know anything. Anyway that was yersterday. My mate then says to me the bloke next door to my work he does mot's and i know him well he'll mot your car and let the issue with the windscreen slide providing there isn't any other issues (barring in mind my mot runs out in two days time now). so i was like great will get me out of a bad situation. well i took it along there to day and did he let the windscreen slip no!!! and failed my car. "Can't let that pass like that is mate" there's me and my mate explaining the situation with the windscreen fitters, "Bring it back when the you've got the new windscreen i i'll re-test it for free no charge so long as you bring it back within 10days" so handed over my £50 and went off with my refusal certificate. So i thought thats not all so bad my windscreen fitters will have my new windscreen fitted any day now may be even before my mot runs out and i'll take it back to the mot'er and he'll issue me my mot certificate. Anyway shortly after my mot today i missed a call from the windscreen fitters. I ring them back expecting them to saying we're all sorted got the windscreen surround that we've been waiting for bring your car in and we'll fit your new windscreen, This however is not what they said but "We're having problem getting the surround looking like it might take up to 4 weeks before we get our hands on it" I'm now like ffs fit my windscreen with the old surround "sorry we can't do that" So now i'm in a right dilema looks like i won't be able use my car for another 4 weeks and will have to pay £50 for a re-test. Can anyone help me out in anyway? know where i can get a windscreen surround from asap? i can't see how it would take up to 4 weeks, you can get stuff sent over from japland in less than 10days. Other options i've thought about are does a 200sx have the same surround?

Thanks for taking the time to read that essay

Alan

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If you have the part number you may be able to get it from Perfectrun or a similar site. RHD Japan are starting to sell more and more OEM bits too so it may be worth a search on their site.

If you order one soon it should be here in 10 days. The slowest part of the whole process is ParcelForce UK :rolleyes:

Take a look at this too.

http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?t=760

Reaction score
right how do i get a part number for the windscreen surround? Some member have access to the parts number catalogue right?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
Ah didn't relise you could get the whole windscreen from rhdjapan, If i was to ring up nissan tomorrow and quote my chassis number would they be able to give me the part number for the surround do you think?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Haha, well.. they would be able to get it as the software they use is exactly the same as we use, but if your local Nissan dealer is anything like mine then they won't give it to you!

Lots of people on here have it though so maybe someone can help you out..? The numbers you need converting into full PN's are 72616 and 72811

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
First off assuming it would get through an mot with a cracked windscreen was a bad idea, thnik the guy was right to fail it as it could potentially cause an accident or worse kill someone.

Be happy it's only 4 weeks I've just had mine off the road for 5 months.

Anyway, have you tried a second hand one?

Might not be perfect but will get you back on the road and should be less than £900.

Reaction score
I have heard back from rhdjapan and as a result they have now added the windscreenn surround to there store, so what a result!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Nice :) Any news from Autoglass?

Reaction score
Nope last i heard it would take 4 weeks that was tuesday, but now that my mot runs out tonight thought i might as well just place an order for the items from rhdjapan, should get them in a week that way and if they come up with the goods before then, then i'll aways have a spare trim so if anyone on here ever requires them or if i'm unlucky enough to crack the windscreen again.:thumbs: