What's new

Bargain? :o\

J

Jono

Just secured a bargain (I think?!) - Nearly new, pristine, HKS Silent Exhaust... ?200 delivered. Can't be bad! It's not the Hi-Power full S/S I would have liked but for ?200 it's still an HKS performance exhaust :nod:

I am :D

Should be with me on Thursday. Question is, will I have time to fit it before the Jap show at Stratford this weekend? I sure hope so!!! :p

From http://www.japanimportcar.com/

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Moved here from "Introduce yourself" :wave:

Well done mate, how long it delivery on it??

J

Jono

How did I put it in there? Muppetry :rolleyes: Thanks mate :thumbs:

Delivery would have been next day If I'd ordered this morning. It's next day delivery if before lunchtime... day after, if after lunch.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
They have quite a few S15 exhausts :nod: good spy for anyone in the market :thumbs:

J

Jono

Topper said:
Nicely said:
Post Whore :nod:
My posts have reached over 200 already - never realised how full of sh!t I really am!

Yup, they do have a few S15 exhausts... could've really loved a Trust or something but as I've said before, I live in a really quiet place and anything loud will just be embarrasing! I'm hoping the HKS will burble nicely at idle and garble sweetly at high revs :nod:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Jono said:
My posts have reached over 200 already - never realised how full of sh!t I really am!
Watch the language please :nono:

I live rural and in a quite place too, i just dont care :p

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
OK. Excellent exhaust. My Hi-Silent SS with decat, front pipe and tubular mani registered 87dB @ 4500rpm on Saturday at Combe.... :D

J

Jono

Nicely said:
OK. Excellent exhaust. My Hi-Silent SS with decat, front pipe and tubular mani registered 87dB @ 4500rpm on Saturday at Combe.... :D
Should really know this, playing in a rock band... but is 87db loud?

Next purchase will be Creasey decat and front pipe. Is it worth getting Turbo elbow as well or not... baring in mind the mods I have?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Word on the street is the Elbow is the most restirctive part after the Cat :nod:

That reminds me, i need to fit mine :rolleyes:

J

Jono

Yeah, that's the bit that's putting me off - I don't even know where the turbo is in my Engine bay :eek: **puts on flame retardent suit**

Fitting Exhaust & Decat will be a doddle but I dunno about the front pipe and turbo elbow I admit.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
When you look at your engine, follow the elephants tunk from your Air intake, this will lead you under the heat sheild on the right and to your turbo :thumbs:

Old picture, but follow the blue pipe :thumbs:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
of course the turbo elbow comes striaght for the turbo then the front pipe then ur decat the exhaust its one whole thing buddy
i see it all the time as ive always got mine a a ramp and look hehehe

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Ahmen to that :nod: some WD40 the day before and a breaker bar will work a treat :thumbs:

Although i cant get my car high enough to get my breaker to one of the front pipe bolts :rolleyes:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Don't worry, mate. I didn't know my arse from my elbow ( :p ) before I bought my S14...

Front pipe, decat and system should be OK. You will need a socket extension to get the top front pipe bolts undone. You also want a flat drive 14mm socket to avoid rounding the edges of the bolts.

The turbo is at the bottom of all the pipes. To the right of the dipstick under a load of heat shields.