Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
It could be a Hyper...

But not a Dragger, which looks more like a Nur Spec...

If its a Hyper, it'll be louder than a Silent Hi Power.

J

Jono

Mmm perhaps, but I'd rather know what I was getting... feel like I'm getting ripped off now! I'm sure it's still a good deal. Should arrive today and I'll let y'all know. Thanks for the sense check.

It's definately been sold as HKS... not 'HKS style' so I assume it to be genuine. If it's not, it goes back.

J

Jono

Nicely said:
If its a genuine JDM HKS exhaust, it should have a 'Jasma' metal label on the back box...
It's just arrived and I've checked it over as best I can without completely unwrapping it. The "Jasma" label is indeed present & correct so I guess it's genuine. However, the silencer in the mid-section is damaged... where the arm/hanger is joined to the silencer it's cracked around the joint there - so it's going to blow.

What do you reckon? Send it back or would it be weld-able?

My current mood is :indiff: :rolleyes: :(

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'd be inclined to just get it welded (if you no someone who can do it quickly), then charge them for it. Make sure you get a quote first, get them to agree it and stump-up, THEN get it repaired.

Stickly speaking though, unless it stated somewhere that it was damaged, they are obliged to replace it or refund you.

J

Jono

I've contacted them and they are willing for me to return it (PITA) for either a refund, welding or replacement.

I'll speak to my neighbour tonight - he's pretty handy with a welder. If he'll do it then fine but if not I can't be bothered with finding a local welder so I'll send it back and they can do it.

Nothing's ever easy is it :rant:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I've had an SS front box cut open, the baffle welded back securely and the cut section welded back on again. At the same time it also had pipe to box tabs added to reinforce it. Welding round the hanger should be easy... :p

These things happen. Could have been done by the delivery company...

J

Jono

I did suggest that to them, I didn't want to just acuse them of selling faulty goods... it could well have been the couriers absolutely. At the end of the day it's second hand and cheap so I can't complain, I just really wanted to get this on ASAP but now I'll have to wait to have it fixed. oh well... I'm calming down slowly! :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Bit of a pain that :rolleyes: at least the company you are dealing with are taking it back :p :wave: (you know who you are)

Its still not the one you had thought was though is it?? i.e. not the Silent Power thing?? :)

J

Jono

No but in fairness, that's my fault for not reading the listing properly. Should be good once it's welded up and strapped to the beast! :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Good fast result, sending them the bill still i hope :nod:

Welding Exhaust hanger arm -

1 man for a day - 9 hours at ?25.00 per/hr - Rate includes welding equipment at standard day hire.
Total - ?225.00

Feel free to use the above :thumbs:

J

Jono

This weld is gonna cost me a bottle of wine at most - now THAT's a bargain! :D