• Total voters

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ok folks...

A while back I posted about possibly getting R33 Midnight Purple respray but TBH, gone off the idea now cos it's the kinda paintwork that needs TLC and with mine being daily driver, drift/track workhorse plus I'm not really one for show 'n' shine stuff I'm now seriously considering matt black. I'm sure from the pic below comnbined with my gunmetal GTR rims you can see how mean she'll look!! :)

I keep going on and off the idea cos there's quite a few cars getting the same thing done these days but my local bodyshop mate Daz who always does a fantastic job for me has been perfecting matt black respray jobs and I'm confident it will be an awesome finish once it's done etc.

So yay or nay?? Opinions??

Voting is open at the top ;)

Cheers,

J

Photoshop based on recent pic taken by Rhodospin Photography

Last edited:
J

JapanS15

I believe its spelt MATTE BLACK and I love it! I think either color would be nice, but the matte black just looks more mean!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Oh and I'll let you guys in on a secret (well it's not anymore) hehe... I'm planning on all out proper drift decals to go alongside the matte black respray (should I decide to go ahead with this) ;)

Will get Lizzy my decal supplier to design something as close as possible to this:

It's been sat in front of my desk at work for over 2 years now haha - so I guess I'm heavily influenced by that fact!! Will deffo get the same red flames copied but will obviously have different sponsor logos etc :thumbs:

*But please only vote on the respray as I know 90% of peeps will hate drift decals lol :wave:

Cheers,

J

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
Not sold on the matte black colour TBH. I love the photos I've seen of S15 around that have gone matte black but yet to seen one in the metal. I have seen a R8 in matte black which looked really really nice but I have also seen an old MR2 and an S14a which both looked ropey and frankly odd. This may not be a problem for two resons.
1). Its an S15 :thumbs:
2) Its going to have decals so it will not be a mass of black.
I think your photoshop pic is on the money as its not total matte black but its also not high gloss but then im bais for black cars!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i love matte black...but...its been done a fair bit now and will be an absolute nightmare to keep.....

sx-si

Reaction score
i voted no

you cant wash a matte coloured car
its done to death on tramp s13's and skid cars
it will never look as good as the first time it was painted

also on my no list is flip paint and 2/3 tone

at the moment s14 pearl white is my fav colour
im looking at adding some pearl to my stocxk s15 blue when it gets sprayed

vw/audi white is really nice
then you have candy's which are lush
chrome paint?
maybe that carbon fiber stickers (the matte version recently came on sale)

Reaction score
Country
If it was all mismatched panel colours and was being rattle tinned to make it all one colour, then yes, but I wouldn't pay to have it sprayed properly and choose matte black.

I like black cars, my old 180 was black, and my old BMW, and I was originally after a black S15. If you go black, make it a nice black, preferably metallic. I quite like BMW ruby black metallic, and sapphire black metallic :nod:

How about matte black graphics on a gloss black base?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If you go black, make it a nice black, preferably metallic. I quite like BMW ruby black metallic, and sapphire black metallic :nod:
or Honda's Pirates Black!

When I see a matte black car I think it looks really cool, but would hate to live with it. I like a bit of show 'n' shine though so thats probably why! :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
So what are the issues with trying to keep a matte black car clean etc?

I thought you just wash it but don't polish it etc... still has a protective lacquer layer etc...

I'm starting to think whether a decent satin like black finish would be better and longer lasting?

Reaction score
Gotta say No mate, do you just want somethin different?, there are loads of colours out there that are better, do a thorough search before you commit. Im thinkin of changing mine but there are so many, at the mo I luv Midnight Purple but also the Green on the New RS Focus:confused: so many to choose from.:wack:

Jay

Reaction score
gonna be respraying mine at some point when cash allows... matt black? not for me i have to say.... its very hard to keep clean and has been said before in this thread that it never looks as good as when its first done.

im gonna be staying black, but maybe a honda nighthawk black as i love the blue flecks in it...

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
mmm... I'm liking the ideas. I think I'm pretty decided on black and I'm 100% certain on getting those drift decals sorted out lol.

As I said I'm not gonna go out and do this tomo which is why I'd like some feedback and alternative ideas. I don't know much about the ins and outs of matte black which is why I started this thread I guess!!

Reaction score
Country
that type of colour only suits old school muscle cars, and even then i would still have a shiny one. As has been mentioned before heaps of bogans paint there S13 / 14's that colour and it just looks tacky, prob why you never see any car manufactures do it, but its your car man