What's new

Matt Black Respray - Yes or No??

My S15 Matt Black Respray?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says (ha ha) matte black S15s look the ducks nuts. Their is one cruising Brisbane and looks mean as.

Just look at the pics above.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Gota admit, that looks awesome! ^^

Jay

Reaction score
yeah ok fair play, those cars look full on mean.

i still stand by what i said before though, its very difficult to maintain that standard of finish on matt black cars. if i was going down the matt road i would vinyl wrap, not paint.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I think middle pic #2 above is too light which leads me to think is the best pic #3 somewhat photoshopped?!

That's why I didn't originally put up pics of the Rauh-Welt... it's not the best deciding on images alone. As said I saw my local bodyshop perfect the finish to what he thought was decent and it did look darker, slightly more satin and not as tacky as other pics I've Googled on etc.

Vinyl wrap could be another alternative I guess!!

Jay

Reaction score
at least with the wrap option its easier to maintain, and if you dont like it you can revert back to the starting colour with a minimum of effort and no further costs. modern wraps are guaranteed for around 7 years so will last the tests of time

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
only thing that bothers me about wraps is corrosion - how do you know whats going on under there a couple of years down the line.......

Jay

Reaction score
i guess the idea is to make sure everything is rock solid to start with, then with the wrap on, it would act like a shield against the elements. kinda like laminating a sheet of paper, the paper doesnt degrade once laminated.

by the way im not a vinyl saleman or anything.....:p

i have looked into doing this and the only reason im not going to, is that the paint job is poor to start with. the way i see it, i may as well do a full respray and know the job is good. if i can raise the money and the missus signs off on it then i will remove the engine/gearbox, bodykit, interior and strip the paint to the metal. send the car to the bodyshop with the remit that it has to be the best job they ever did, then refit all, and drive away knowing its as best as it can be. i would never be happy wrapping it knowing that ****e awaited me once its removed.

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I'm not sold on the matte black either. I think you would have to be prepared to change the colour as I think it will date.

Reaction score
Country
Please don't do it...That look is soooooo played...And the type of cars that I've seen that are matte black are cheap rattle can crap boxes...

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Ahhhh I see!! Wonder what colour it is underneath the wrap!?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
I bet they are all different and just what ever they had left over! or maybe you can choice your under colour. lol

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I saw a matte black car yesterday. I was actually painted and it was an old car. It looked pretty crap. I think you would need to keep it extremely well to keep it looking good.