What's new

Dumpking Dump pipe

Reaction score
Anyone in Oz using a Dumpking Dump pipe? Thinking of getting one to go with the STD turbo and was looking to see if anyone has tried one or knows someone who has so I don't blow my dow.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
never heard of them. If you are in Brissy, take a look at the CES stuff. It's very good and worth it if you can afford it.

Reaction score
They are down in Sydney somewhere, dkne.com.au is there site. They do the same stuff as CES but for half the price. 7OYSR said the very same thing to me about CES last night. They do make some nice kit, pricey as but. I want to keep It all 1 peice like theres, as I'm not real keen on the split dump and front pipe set up. I prefer to have as little joins as possible in the exhaust department, leakage and all that stuff.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
that must be the one I have then. Mine is a CES copy. I too am not keen on a seperate elbow and dump pipe. The one thing I have heard about the CES type design, you have to get someone who is familiar with tuning that dump pipe, something about the way the boost comes on is different because of the wastegate gasses are seperated for longer and the diameter of the pipes.

Reaction score
I picked a second hand one on the weekend. 3" all the way, just have to get a 3" high flow cat now and I'm sorted. Just Jap have X-Force ones, what are your thoughts? Undecided on painting it in VHT ceramic header black or wrapping it in heat tape also.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I found the VHT stuff flakes off after a while. I am thinking that I am going to paint mine in 2 pak black this time and see if that works. The x-force cats are ok, but if you can afford it, get a metal substrate cat, they cost more but give better perfromance due to less restriction. One of my mates said he got about 4kw just by changing from an xforce to a SMB cat. http://www.smb.net.au/catalyticconverters.htm. Catco are another brand, but as with most things, it is down to $$$$.

Reaction score
Yeah I found the same sort of problem awhile back with that paint on a Alfa I had/have, I put it down to maybe I hadn't prepped it right.
Cheers for link I'll check them out, got a bit more cash thanks to the massive saving on the dump pipe. Might inquire about the 2 pac also.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
the best thing to do would be get it ceramic coated, but I am not sure how much that costs.