What's new

Not just yet

Reaction score
Website
www.crossbarryprecision.com
Country
I recently joined S15oc in hope of becoming an S15 owner myself but heres the deal, im 18 with a full licence for 6 months now and me and my brother planned on importing an S15 jointly (hes 20). Everthing seemed fine but, because of our age and lack of expirience the insurance companies were'nt having none of it!! :annoyed: long story short, we have to hold on and wait. Money is'nt an issue but the insurance is so for the meantime i'll be hanging around here building my knowledge of the Jap car. Just to let ye know :)

EDIT: Just wondering what insurers other irish members are with and for how much?

Thanks for reading,
S15Cro

Last edited:
Reaction score
I waited until i hit 21 before getting an s15, most insurance companies won't touch u until then. I've got 3 years no claims also and my insurance is £1300

Reaction score
Country
Same here i had to wait because of insurance and just got a lower group rwd car to learn skids in :p

Im 22 with 4 years no claims and i pay £800 exactly with a couple of light mods for my S15 which i think is pretty good :)

Reaction score
WTTC :wave:

I dont know if bell operate in Ireland but if they do you should give them a try, i was with them when i was 20 and the premium was £900

Jay

Reaction score
god i feel so old!!! im 39 with full no claims discount and have a whole page of mods declared to the insurance company (sky insurance) i pay 600 squids fully comp with wifey as named driver.

edit: just re-read the thread and noticed u were asking bout irish drivers (im not irish, so my bad for not reading properly)

Last edited:

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
I was 23 when I got it and couldn't get insured on a spec R :( 25 now and I can't afford to buy one :cry:

25, 4 years NCB (only driving 4 years), 2 points and it's €1,800.00 per year on a non turbo; fully comp with all mods declared - insurance here is a bloody rip off :mad:

Reaction score
Yeah insurance is crap! Although I got an amazing deal this year!

22 Years old 4 years NCB 3 points, all mods declared Spec R fully comp £590 :D Almost the same price as my tax!! :mad:

Reaction score
Website
www.crossbarryprecision.com
Country
Hey lad, theres hope for me yet ;) my brother found a Silvia in Laois (wonder if hes on this) and we got a quote off Quinn Direct for €1030 and tax is €614 which im not sure how we got but we did!!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah insurance is crap! Although I got an amazing deal this year!

22 Years old 4 years NCB 3 points, all mods declared Spec R fully comp £590 :D Almost the same price as my tax!! :mad:

Thats good, which company are you with? I thought mine was good at £950 with all mods, 22 (when the policy started) 3yrs NCB, no accidents or points...

P

pats15

im think of getting a s15 spec r im 20 i go a quote of quinn 2078 with 3ncb i think thats good

Reaction score
Thats good, which company are you with? I thought mine was good at £950 with all mods, 22 (when the policy started) 3yrs NCB, no accidents or points...

Yeah thats what mine was last year!

Im with Adrian Flux now, and I think the company is NIG.