What's new

Calling all Qld S15 Owners

Reaction score
Putting a call out to all Queensland S15 owners/drivers to get together sometime in April for a meet and possible cruise. The aim being to meet and greet, put faces to names and show off our pride and joy no matter what the state of modification ie. no inflated egos and attitudes over who has the better brand FMIC, TURBO name and the like. Leave that for the trailer and dyno crowd I say.
Following this meet I would like to organise monthly meets which might involve workshop visits, cruises etc with a good social vibe so we can get together and enjoy our cars with like minded fanatics without the BS attached on a regular basis.
If you like the sound of any of the above then get posting, PM me and lets work out a date and get things moving forward.

Hendo

Ok I have finallised a date with management for the meet:

Date: Sunday the 25th of April
Time: From 11am - whenever you've had enough
Place: Hanlon Park, Lincoln st, Stones Corner

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=-27.499231,153.042887&spn=0.001908,0.003428&t=h&z=18

Hope this suits everyone, it's a good central location to head out from for a cruise with plenty of parking. I will keep my on the weather leading up to it, but I'm stumped for a dry venue if it rains(suggestions would be great). Hope to see loads of cars and looking forward to meeting obsessed heads like myself on the day.

Hendo

Last edited:
U

udi

I'll be keen on something like that, and have another friend with an S15 I should be able to bring along too.

Reaction score
Any ideas for a date. I'm thinking the ANZAC weekend, and meet down the new parkland development in Hamilton or along the river at Hill End.

Reaction score
I'm keen... pretty much any date will work for me as long as i got at least a few days notice. Great idea though, love seeing and chatting to other s15 owners.

Reaction score
After checking the response to this thread on other local forums I'm starting think Udi, 70YSR and myself are the only 3 cars representing S15OC. Surely we are not the only 3 members in Brissy are we? I'm talking it up that it's this clubs/forum meet so to only have 3 members turn out is pretty piss poor to say the least.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
you must remember that this started off as a UK forum. There may only be 3 of you from QLD on here. I know quite a few S15 owners in Sydney who are on here, but for me, Brissy is a bit far away for a meet. Who knows you may drum up some interest in your travels.

Reaction score
Yeah,I totaly understand. Having a bit of dummy spit that's all. I'm hoping to change the lack of Qld members on here after this first meet as I want to organise the monthly meets from here, not amongst a sea of Commodore driving tossers like I have had to do, to get this thing happening on other sites/forums.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
good luck. It would be great to see more Oz members

Reaction score
Thanks mate, it would be fantastic to see more users from Oz. You see so many S15s cruising around, I think most stop at NS.com and don't look any further than that. Shame really considering not many S15s attend NS meetings up here at least, hence the reason for this meet. Got nothing against other models that wear the Silvia badge, but my interest and dedication is to this model.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
as is mine. I hardly go on NS.com, unless I am looking to buy something. There also seems to be a particular type of person on NS.com. The members here are a lot more easy going and more friendly :)

Reaction score
Your not wrong about the folk on NS.com, I very reluctantly put a copy of this thread on it. I tried a couple of meets the end of last year and it left a bad taste in my mouth. A1 for 2nd hand parts 80% of time, just wrapped on this site and happy as I found it.

Reaction score
Country
I'm from Perth - give a holla if your coming this way... I can definately ask the Ps15 boys to welcome you all hahaha

Reaction score
It's getting closer, wish it was this weekend.

talking about Ns.com, not many replies to the thread ha ha. Hard to show off something you've made up in your I guess.

Reaction score
Well the meet I have been waiting for is only a few days away. Hopefully the weather stays fine and we get a good sized turn out with plenty of photos taken for me to post on this thread. After this meet the monthly/fortnightly thread will be in the events section. On this, I have been offered the use of a dyno for next months meet but I have yet to confirm the details and cost per car etc. More on that next month. Looking forward to seeing some rides and meeting some cool folk

Cheers in advance for showing support.

Hendo

Reaction score
yeah id be extreemly keen if it turns out about 30 bucks a car... plus i'm sure you would get alot of other interest from other s thingys

Reaction score
Yeah, talk yo you about it all tomorrow. Weather is up the ....... today, hopefully it's past by tomorrow.