What's new

test fitted - pleased with myself :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i've been beavering away for ages now studding out, re-wiring and boarding my entire garage (its been a storage house for all my tools and decorating stuff since we moved in 3 years ago :rolleyes:) and now that the floor paint is cured i thought i'd do a test fit as i was panicking about whether there would be room - measuring a car isnt easy to get right and for some reason it seemed it was going to be a tight fit.... anyway, the cars parked up in its new (but not finished) home now and i'm feeling so pleased with myself that i felt like sharing :D

Reaction score
Nice 1:thumbs: in the car park where i used to live there were padded foam "cushions" stuck to the walls along the areas where doors could hit off the wall when opening them, worked a treat, could bounce the door off the cushion and no dents or marks left on the door

Reaction score
Country
Nice one mate looking good!! When i had my RX8 in the garage at my old house I did the same thing and stuck padding to the wall for the doors lol, it wasnt as wide as your garage either so i was extra nervous :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
nice home for your S15 :) I want a garage! thinking of moving soon, so next house must have a garage!

S

S15 SILVIA

Nice job mate. It's quite funny what little things excite you sometimes! Lol
Mike

Reaction score
Country
perfect fit!

i want a garage now :(

like most people have already said.. padding of some form around the door areas would be a good plan :)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
cheers guys :) i've already found the wall padding - it's a sticky backed foam that comes on a roll about 10mm thick and about 1 metre tall so that will be applied to the walls either side in the door areas. the size of the garage was the main reason we bought the house in the first place - all the others up for sale were the same design inside and price but this one had extended garage so was built larger than normal but has a slightly smaller garden but we arent garden people anyway...... i'm well pleased with it - even if it is 3 years late :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Garages FTW! Let her never see rain again!! ;)

Reaction score
I've always had mine in a garage,(6 yrs now) it just gives me that peace of mind that my car is safely parked away.

It also reduces the cost of my insurance.

When we bought our new place 3.5 years ago the only thing that I was interested in was the double lock up garage,much to my wife's disgust :p

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
lol. It's good to see that your priorities are correct phil. A garage was a must have when I bought my place.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
When we bought our new place 3.5 years ago the only thing that I was interested in was the double lock up garage,much to my wife's disgust :p
lmao - I tell my other half that the ONLY reason I'd move to a bigger house is if it's got a double garage (to park S15 and room for tools chest) plus a large flat drive :D Needless to say she always makes 'grumpy' noises when I list those reasons...

Great update and nice work Dean... you just need to fit some neons on the floor so at nighttime you can get the 'wow' factor lol ;)

Reaction score
Country
cheers guys :) i've already found the wall padding - it's a sticky backed foam that comes on a roll about 10mm thick and about 1 metre tall so that will be applied to the walls either side in the door areas. the size of the garage was the main reason we bought the house in the first place - all the others up for sale were the same design inside and price but this one had extended garage so was built larger than normal but has a slightly smaller garden but we arent garden people anyway...... i'm well pleased with it - even if it is 3 years late :)
Looks bloody great mate, good job done there!

Sounds like me. We chose our house as its got a very nicely sized garden and side access along the house ready for my double garage to be built at the back of the garden without impacting the space much :)

Estate agents must of thought me a time waster when i turned down house after house within 5 seconds of looking when i could see there was no way i could fit a double garage! I couldnt even careless what ****ty bathroom it had or what not, fact was we could decorate a house but i could never have a double garage if the land or access wasnt there.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Looks bloody great mate, good job done there!

Sounds like me. We chose our house as its got a very nicely sized garden and side access along the house ready for my double garage to be built at the back of the garden without impacting the space much :)

Estate agents must of thought me a time waster when i turned down house after house within 5 seconds of looking when i could see there was no way i could fit a double garage! I couldnt even careless what ****ty bathroom it had or what not, fact was we could decorate a house but i could never have a double garage if the land or access wasnt there.

cheers mate - thats exactly it - in an ideal world i would love to buy a house and build a garage to my own spec, but at least for the forseeable future this will do perfectly..... i also bought myself a little gimmicky sign for the door in there off of ebay - it arrived in 4 days from australia for 6 quid posted -
:)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
its a plastic printed sign, just bought it for a crack anyway....

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
ooh - forgot about this thread - i've done a couple more things to it now - basically its like any other room in the house except not carpeted, all plastered, painted up with skirting and even a set of sliding mirror doors i took out of the bedroom we were going to throw them away but they seemed like a cheap way of putting a door on the cupboard in there. i'll get some pics up when its had the finishing touches and show you all how sad and anal me and the missus are (now that sounds dodgy as hell, but theres no other word for it) :rotfl:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
what's wrong with you! my garage is carpeted! I don't know how you call yourself a car enthusiast! :p