What's new

Foggies + FMIC ?

K

kazama

Hey fellas,

Can the fog lights stay when the fmic is in place or does it have to go ? :confused:

K

kazama

Nicely said:
Depends on the type of FMIC. HKS style = no way. I fitted smaller projector fog lamps.

Nicely,

I was thinking of getting something even bigger than the HKS style for the S15.
Since the fog lights gottat go, dont think my plans for HID foggies is come true .. dang. :(

any pics of ya foggies ?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Be careful how big you go (width and height). You can see in the photo below that too much bigger and the cooler will start sitting behind the bumper. Any part behind the bumper is redundant.

K

kazama

nicely,

your car is simpy gorgeous.. :thumbs:

What intercooler kit are you using ?

J

Jono

Another reason why i don't want an FMIC! Unless the Apex one will fit - but it's unlikely if its modelled on the HKS.

K

kazama

Jono said:
Another reason why i don't want an FMIC! Unless the Apex one will fit - but it's unlikely if its modelled on the HKS.

Apex already discontinued their GT intercooler kit right ?
the model that looks very fierce looking ..?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Don't mix Apex with A'PEXi. Apex is Apex Performance, a UK company.

For the number of times I use fogs in a year (about twice - max), its really no hardship losing them. If you get the mini projector replacments, they look good with the cooler. :)

K

kazama

Nicely said:

For the number of times I use fogs in a year (about twice - max), its really no hardship losing them. If you get the mini projector replacments, they look good with the cooler. :)

Are your mini projectors bright ?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
kazama said:
Are your mini projectors bright ?
Bright enough for fog lights, which are designed to project UNDER fog onto the road immediately in front of you, rather than light up as much of the road as possible, like spot lights... :)

S15R said:
it is, thats why i bought it, unique core
I bought mine to cool the charge air... :p The coldest its cooled to is -7C (best not mention the ambient temp) :D

J

Jono

Nicely said:

But I love my foggies - they look great :cry:

There's always a fecking compromise isn't there! At least I can't afford FMIC yet so I can enjoy the fogs for some time longer.

Must admit, I thought they were drivers lights, not fog lights. Never looked at the car from the front with full beam on though.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If they were spots, I could understand not wanting to lose them. However, if they were spots, I'd just replace them with small projector SPOT lights :p Does mine look shite from the front without the OEM fogs? Coupled with the FMIC I think it looks much more aggresive :thumbs: You can just wire new fog straight into the existing wiring. Works exactly the same. They are controlled by the knob on the headlight lever. Turn them on and it turns the sides on too. Plus they are hooked into the audible headlight warning, so you know if you've left them on. Keep them on and expect a ?60 on-the-spot off the next pissed-off copper :p