What's new

Insurance!

Reaction score
Right its insurance time again for me, I got my renewal through the post from Bell and it had gone UP!! :no:

So obviously I needed to start ringing round! I went on the usefull thread and got up the recomended insurers from sxoc. I started at the top of the list with A-plan, which were really nice but no good with a premium of £1500 :cry:

Next on the list was Adrian Flux, now I was insured with these on the RX8 and was happy with the service but not with the premium! So didnt have great expectations of the outcome. The nice lady came back with a GREAT quote!! with all the extras including breakdown cover etc. it came out to £720. Once all the extras were taken off it went down to £660!:eek:

I also asked about monthly installments as I would prefer to do it like that. She said it'll put it up by about £150 which isnt too bad at all..... BUT the bigger the deposit the less interest i'll pay, so if I give a deposit of £250 - £300 the premium will only go up by £40 :D

Overall im very pleased with the out come! :thumbs:

Im 22, with 4 years NCB and still have to claim my points I got in 2005 :rolleyes:

Reaction score
i went with sky to insure mine, they always matched prices of other places.... so come renewal, i used to ring round, getting eveyone to fight against each other, then go to sky saying "i've got this price".

Got mine to about £580 with all mods declared and agreed value.

Great service when i was with them, but useless when it came to cancelling after i'd sold the car..... it took about 6months to get a refund off them!

Reaction score
Thats interesting, maybe ill give them a ring aswell.... I know some one that works for them aswell :)

How old are you mate and years NCB? and what mods?

Cheers :thumbs:

Reaction score
was 22/23 when i did that.... 4years ncb i think.

coilovers, turbo back exhaust, brembo's, defi's, evc6.....

that year i'd also added on the hks gtrs, tomei manifold, apexi d-jetro and 740 injectors too cause i'd got it all here and was about to fit a couple weeks after renewal.

Reaction score
Wow, so you were 22/23 4 years NCB and all these mods for £580?

coilovers, turbo back exhaust, brembo's, defi's, evc6, hks gtrs, tomei manifold, apexi d-jetro and 740 injectors?

That is an AMAZING quote!! :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Thats a great quote Dazz. Cheapest was flux for me aswell. Im 22 with 3 years ncb and 6 points (damn doing 1000miles a week for work, so much more chance of getting caught :rolleyes:) paying £800 with only the catback which im pleased about as my RX8 was £980!! :confused:

Do any of you add other people onto your policy? Such as family members? I added my mum, she may drive it... never, but it still made it considerably cheaper! :nod:

Reaction score
my mum was on the policy, purely because the car was sat about all day and if she wanted to use it, she could.

that didn't increase or decrease the price.

i know of people doing it on the admiral group's quotes..... me inc'! it makes a HUGE difference on there!!!!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Mine is always around £800 - I'm 32 with full NCD but had a small accident (my fault) around 2.5 years ago.

However, since the last renewal I've clocked up an extra 6 points taking my grand total to 9!!! NOT looking forward to renewal time :(

BTW - I'm with Sky Insurance as well...

Reaction score
Yeah my RX8 was expensive to insure!! :down:

Well that quote is crazy good... Ill be giving them a ring today / tomorrow hopefully get a great quote like that! :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I pay £1400 but that's on a home fleet insurance. I have the Silvia, Volvo C70 and the wifes 07 Swift.

I'm 30 and I have 9 years NCB but have 9 points! (i was on 11 for a while), 7 will be gone next year though. (I used to drive a lot for my job).

Reaction score
Country
My best quote was from flux but i called my current insurer at the time (bell) and asked if they could do anything about it and they price matched the quote from flux and reduced my excess by £150. I stuck with bell just to save me the hassle of changing insurers.

I have previously tries sky but they werent interested as i hadn't had the car for a year and i was under 25....but reading Dazz0i post there and he was only 22 when he was insured by them :confused:

Might try them next time.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I'm 30 and I have 9 years NCB but have 9 points! (i was on 11 for a while), 7 will be gone next year though. (I used to drive a lot for my job).
Does 9 points make the premiums go wooooooooops???

I'm dreading renewal from last year going from just 3 to 9 points (feckin UC cop cars!!!) :mad:

Reaction score
yea, they've now changed their policy on whom they insure i believe..... a year or so ago, a mate of mine called sky to get a quote, it was over double what i paid for mine the first year i had it.

he said to them about it, and what i was paying, they told him it wasn't possible. he gave them my reg'/name,.... he looked at the policy and his words were something along the lines of "bloomin' 'eck.... that is a good quote, i don't know how he managed to get that."

Sushi ming was also insured with sky and was paying the same sorta prices as me.... he was a year older. Spose when i first got quoted on mine, they weren't being smashed up a lot due to the exclusivity of them... but now they're paying out on them more.

Insurance is weird like that, best mate insured a skyline with green light...... £1100ish 420bhp and handling mods all declared. (not that mods with them increased the price.) when he was thinkin' of selling, he called them for a quote on a civic TR, said they wouldn't touch him till 25. All because people have smashed and written off so many of them.

Reaction score
Well I have a mate at Sky and I rang him today, went through the quote and the best he could do for me was £800 so I told him about the flux quote and he said I should make 100% sure they have the right details then bite their arm off!

So, I rang Adrian Flux back to double check they had everything correct, which they did! But not only that the lady said it had gone DOWN!? Heres my new quote.....

I actually cant believe it!! :D :D

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Does 9 points make the premiums go wooooooooops???

I'm dreading renewal from last year going from just 3 to 9 points (feckin UC cop cars!!!) :mad:
I don't think it did, can't remember to be fair, but I wouldn't worry to much about it..