What's new

Got mapped today

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys, got silvia mapped today :)

Had the standard ecu socketed using a Nistune solution.

Car has basic bolt ons:

tubular manifold
elbow
downpipe
decat
fujitsubo catback
apexi intake
apex fmic
profec b ebc
horsham recirc bov
255 lph fuel pump

It achieved 305bhp and 325ft lb of torque which i'm happy with.

I'll post up graphs when i recieve them :nod:

Let me know what you think :thumbs:

Reaction score
Nice one mate, Im soooo looking forward to getting mine mapped!!

Does it feel like a different car? When I got my Ibiza mapped it added about 50 bhp and it felt completley different and just amazing!!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The injector issue is strange because mine only reach 88% duty at 1.28 bar on stock injectors and walbro pump, but other people have had them running at nearly 100% at similar boost.
I always put fuel system cleaner through it and change the filter often, but I dont know if that would be the reason.

Reaction score
Country
It was 235bhp before the map as the afr ratio was messed up big time :wack:

so gained 70 horses with a nice smooth graph.

Injectors were at 83% at 1.1bar. apparantly the injectors are good for 380ish bhp (with a bigger turbo) before they max out.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Noooo, the standard injectors will never cope with 380bhp on normal fuel. You'd be on the limit of what 555's could do too. Would need 740's for that.

Reaction score
Yeah the injectors wont get any where near that! Nice that the a/f ratio is all fixed, bet the car is unbelievable now!! :thumbs:

V

vti_coupw

jesus savage figurs over your stock ones there man, id say it feels unreal now, cant wait to get mine mapped whenever it will happen :(

Reaction score
Country
Certainly is a decent improvement. Told me he could have easily pushed 330 out of it but that it would shorten the tubby life or something lol.

As for the injectors max output; i'm just repeating what i was told. In no way or form am i an engine tuner :no:

graphs to follow.....

Reaction score
Country
Thanks bud. Best money i've spent on the car.

If any of you are considering getting your motor done i highly recommend steve saddler. Seriously clever guy and knows his stuff; customer service is second to none too :thumbs:

Has his own section over on the driftworks forum.

Think i'm going to enjoy the car as it just now before i consider more performance mods :)

Reaction score
Just had a look on his website, looks good! How much did you pay for the map? If you dont mind me asking!

Reaction score
Country
I paid £420 for my ecu to get socketed with the Nistune board and the mapping and then split Steves travelling cost between the five of us. And paid Duncan at hypertech (the guy whose dyno we used) for using his dyno and monitoring equipment. ABsolute bargain mate:)

Reaction score
Country
Yeah he flew up and done a few cars. He's based in London but driving down there is a major ball ache for us scottish guys so he flys around places for his customers :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Told me he could have easily pushed 330 out of it but that it would shorten the tubby life or something lol.
It's nice to see sensible tuning with a mapper that has the longevity of your car in mind... too many cowboys out there selling their services based on the typical chav school of thought MAX OUT EVERYTHING!! Which inevitably leads to *FAIL*

Pip (WGT Autodevelopments) does his mapping in similar vein which is why @ 0.9 bar boost and 250 bhp, he won't push it any further without bigger injectors (Silvia was hitting 90% duty cycle)... however the car feels waaay more powerful and quicker than before... real world power/torque where you need it most hehe ;)