What's new

Got mapped today

Reaction score
It's nice to see sensible tuning with a mapper that has the longevity of your car in mind... too many cowboys out there selling their services based on the typical chav school of thought MAX OUT EVERYTHING!! Which inevitably leads to *FAIL*

Pip (WGT Autodevelopments) does his mapping in similar vein which is why @ 0.9 bar boost and 250 bhp, he won't push it any further without bigger injectors (Silvia was hitting 90% duty cycle)... however the car feels waaay more powerful and quicker than before... real world power/torque where you need it most hehe ;)

Yeah good point mate, this is what I will be looking for when I get a map! Dont want to push the injectors too much :thumbs:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah good point mate, this is what I will be looking for when I get a map! Dont want to push the injectors too much :thumbs:
Get bigger ones then! ;)

740's are around £400, but once they are done, they're done. I wish I saved that bit more before the remap and went for injectors and AFM too. If you get your remap done by Jez, you will save in the long run doing it this way.

Reaction score
Get bigger ones then! ;)

740's are around £400, but once they are done, they're done. I wish I saved that bit more before the remap and went for injectors and AFM too. If you get your remap done by Jez, you will save in the long run doing it this way.
LOL I would like too but if you keep thinking like that I might aswell get a bigger turbo! :wack: lol but I might do any way, what hp does the standard turbo start to run out of puff?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
^^ thats the thing though.. where to stop! I've decided to stay on the stock tubby for gearbox preservation reasons!!

Depends who you ask about the power question, and what dyno its run on. I've heard upto 330, but it'd be on its limit. Also depends on the age and condition of your turbo etc.

Reaction score
Yeah exactly! hmmm that makes it more tempting to wait for the map... I think 330bhp would be a lovely figure to have :thumbs:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I had mine mapped to 1.3 bar but almost never use it on that as 1.0 bar feels plenty. Haven't had it RR'd since the remap but before the remap it was bang on 280 at 0.8 bar. That was done on Weston Performances Dyno Dynamics dyno, in the dyno cell they have, so quite accurate I would hope.

Need to get down there agin to see what its at now. I'd guess around 300 at 1.0 bar, but hard to say really. :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Remember the stock tubby has a tendency to tail off @ 1.2 bar when running more power... boost won't hold very well so even if you're only planning 330 to 350 bhp region, I'd still get an aftermarket unit like the 2871 :)

Reaction score
I had mine mapped to 1.3 bar but almost never use it on that as 1.0 bar feels plenty. Haven't had it RR'd since the remap but before the remap it was bang on 280 at 0.8 bar. That was done on Weston Performances Dyno Dynamics dyno, in the dyno cell they have, so quite accurate I would hope.

Need to get down there agin to see what its at now. I'd guess around 300 at 1.0 bar, but hard to say really. :)
what mods was the car running to achieve the 280hp?

have you noticed a improvement in mpg with the map?

mine is running stock map with breathing mods, feels quite strong but it likes a drink, doing 300 miles a tank if im lucky.

i have spoken to steve sadler in person and on phone lots of times was going to get him to map my civic jordanv turbo and am member of his FCTuning on Facebook.

i only hear great things about steve and didnt doubt him from talking to him either, he a school teacher by day and a tuner by nite.

Reaction score
Steve is the nuts, he mapped my 14 :D

You might get a bit better fuel economy but I wouldn't count on it.. it's a 2 litre turbo after all.

If yours is running a stock map and is a bit thirsty, try checking for a boost leak, it's quite common that a boost leak causes crap fuel economy :)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Ive got my car booked in with Steve at the end of May.

Got similar mods to you plus Z32 AFM, 740cc injectors and spitfires, so will be interesting how much difference having these makes.