What's new

Recent carbon mods...

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Just done more bits of 'carbon' modding on the weekend :)

Wrapped the door handle trims:

Then blanked off stock boost gauge and matt blacked the surround:

Set to work on a CF air induction heat-shield as the ones from Japan are (as expected) silly money... Bought an A3 sized genuine wet-lay 2mm thick sheet from CarbonMods.com and basically hacksawed (!!) plus lots of sanding down to get nice smooth/straight edges etc ;) Here's the result:

Ok so it might not shield as much heat as a proper moulded item but it's much cheaper and serves as a nice dress up part.

That's all for now lol :D

James

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I definatly like the door handles James, good work mate. I looked into making a heat shield too once, but gave up shortly after starting :)

Do you fancy doing my door handles too?? ;)

S

S15 SILVIA

Is that carbon wrapping easy to work with, or have you just made it look easy? LOL
Looks great mate. You wanna get some nice stainless, or anodised allen button headed screws for the heat shield tho!
Blue anodised?

Reaction score
I cant see the door handles :(

The rest looks really good mate congrats!! :thumbs:

Edit:

Managed to view it! They look completely awesome!!!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers guys...

Yeah the wrap is pretty easy to work with - obviously on flattish parts like the door handle trims :) When you have a curvy bit, you just heat with hairdryer and then it stretches so you pull it over the curve like a skin (very tight!!). This gets rid of nasty air bubbles and those folds/ridges which are FAIL bigtime lol :wack:

Craig - anytime mate just drop them off and I can do them in about 20 mins :thumbs: Still got loads of vinyl wrap...

Yeah was thinking I should get anodised bolts for the heat shield... will look into it.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers guys :)

Yeah I was thinking on attempting the window switches surround soon but this will take more time and patience as theres a few holes to cut out and small curvy bits etc :D