What's new

S15 or Monaro?

Reaction score
Hey guys & girls!
Some of you may remember me from this forum a couple of years ago, i have been poking my head in now & again but dont know who is still on here!?
I owned a very nice blue S15, until the missus and I decided to get a mortgage, and it had to be sold, (still the hardest day of my life!!)
Since then i have been cruising about in S13's, have had 3 now, love them!!! but they unfortunately have the years against them now,
Anyhoo - found out the love of my life had been playing away from home, so, after a messy break-up and in the process of selling the flat i have given myself a few goals, one of which is a new car.
Would love to own another S15, in fact, have seen my old one up for sale in Ireland, ironically! but truth be told, i feel they are not as "exclusive" as they were a few years ago......been toying with the idea of a monaro, would be the series 1, what do you guys think???? always had good advice on here! :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hey Rich!!

Nice to see you on here... soz to hear about your recent probs... guess an S15 will always be faithful lol :)

They might not be as exclusive as when you first bought yours but do you still see any on the road?? In 2.5 years ownership I've only see one OTR and that was today when I drove past sliding-r and was due to meet him later in the afternoon haha :wack:

Anyways - Monaro's are for boring people who want fat, heavy cars plus loads of mod cons *Uncle who likes to own flashy car alert* :p

Reaction score
Hey man! hey dont worry, life goes on eh!!?!!!

Hope things with you are good? car is looking very sweet these days! alot of TLC gone into her!

I dont see many S15's on the road, but there just seem to be more about on the forums, hmmm, i would like to test drive a monaro.....i know they are heavy, but they are just a bit different for a drifter!. The only thing that worries me is the lack of parts available.....tempted buying my old one back too! its up for 7k!!!!! but its in ireland, and i have no idea about shipping costs, or whether it would need another SVA test???? i should prob look at a fresh import i guess if i do go down the 15 route again

Reaction score
Country
Inporting into the UK is easy nowdays, none of the ridiculous SVA tests and costs so you can import any year and however modified quite easily now :)

Reaction score
Hmm well I would have to say S15 but they are quite different cars, it depends what your after.. you know what your getting with the S15 because you've already had one!! :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Get an S15, you know it makes sense!

The forum seems to be growing larger but that can only be a good thing.
More knowledge, more advise and more like minded people coming together :)

p.s would you really want to buy a vauxhall :wack:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
it's not a Vauxhall, it's a Holden. They were made here in Aus. Parts for them are pretty cheap over here and the shipping prices are pretty good. That being said. It's a Holden. Remember the 4 door variant of this car are used as taxi's. Also don't forget the fuel useage.

With the right mods, an S15 would always leave a monaro for dead in looks and performance.

Reaction score
And on the track:nod: A couple of years ago I was at a trackday and had a Monaro in my group,all it did was slow me down on the corners,had plenty of over steer and on the staight he was level with me all the way.(5.7ltr V 2ltr)

They are thirsty if pushed,heavy in the front and about as sensitive on the road as your wife with rubber gloves on in bed :p

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hey man! hey dont worry, life goes on eh!!?!!!

Hope things with you are good? car is looking very sweet these days! alot of TLC gone into her!

I dont see many S15's on the road, but there just seem to be more about on the forums, hmmm, i would like to test drive a monaro.....i know they are heavy, but they are just a bit different for a drifter!. The only thing that worries me is the lack of parts available.....tempted buying my old one back too! its up for 7k!!!!! but its in ireland, and i have no idea about shipping costs, or whether it would need another SVA test???? i should prob look at a fresh import i guess if i do go down the 15 route again
Cheers dude :) Yeah this year's been crazy with all the mods and working on the car myself with the help of mates... been a steep learning curve lol :D

I'd say just look into freshly importing another - either go back to Torque GT (still very much recommended on here) but if you want summat special, Jurgen @ JM Imports always seems to source very nicely tuned up ones hehe :thumbs:

Reaction score
Hmmm well, thats food for thought anyway, i do get the impression that the monaro is a big heavy lump, but they do look like fun to drive.
Luckily being a now single man, im looking to get rid of my s13's and get a little daily drive and have something special for the weekend, so fuel is not a issue.
i guess deep down i know how darn good the 15 was to me, but i have always been tempted with the monaro.

Meddler, i never realised you get monaro's as taxis! over here we get 20 year old ford scorpio's and vauxhall omega's how rubbish are we lol!

Reaction score
Cheers dude :) Yeah this year's been crazy with all the mods and working on the car myself with the help of mates... been a steep learning curve lol :D

I'd say just look into freshly importing another - either go back to Torque GT (still very much recommended on here) but if you want summat special, Jurgen @ JM Imports always seems to source very nicely tuned up ones hehe :thumbs:

yeah i think Torque would be my preferred choice, having dealt with them before, would be nice to be reuinted with my 'old flame' haha but maybe i should just get a brand spanker from Tokyo......right, on to there website!!!

Would be good to catch up somewhen, i know we kept saying that a few years ago and never did!! how rubbish we are!!! :nod:

Reaction score
lol thought you might be persuaded to go for an S15... it is s15oc after all ;)

I think we should all have a massive meet... Try and get everyone on the forum to meet up in the middle some where, maybe in the summer :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Great idea fellas... let's deffo sort out a big S15 meet in the summer :D

I think with more owners than past few years and seeing a few of us meet up for DWYB recently this shouldn't be too difficult (fingers crossed!!). Meeting up at shows is not ideal cos everyone's busy doing their own thing so hopefully we can get this off the ground for once haha!!

Anyways off topic - GET AN S15 :p

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
buy a spec s and put a monaro engine in - shouldnt come to much more than a nice spec r with goodies on.....:nod:

Reaction score
Well if theres a fair bit of interest I dont mind trying to sort it out, shall I put up a thread to gauge interest?

Reaction score
Hmmmm a s15 with a monaro engine, that sounds like something i would like to sink my teeth into!!! :)

And yes, agree that a meet would be good, i seem to remember members trying to sort meets out before and it just crumbling! but, as said by my good buddy, there are lots more people on here now, so, might have a better chance, i would certainly like to get involved! even though im still in me battered old drifty S13......if im allowed to come that is lol

Reaction score
I think that Southampton has one of the major vauxhall service centres for the monaro, which would come in handy haha

There seems to be a good few local cheap ones too if you went that route!

And a LS1 powered S15 would be awesome, a special engine for an already special looking car haha even the v6 out of a 350z would be smooth under the bonnet :)

Reaction score
And yes, agree that a meet would be good, i seem to remember members trying to sort meets out before and it just crumbling! but, as said by my good buddy, there are lots more people on here now, so, might have a better chance, i would certainly like to get involved! even though im still in me battered old drifty S13......if im allowed to come that is lol

I have just put a thread up in the meets section to gauge some interest, hopefully this one will take off! lol of course you can come who knows you might have another S15 by then! ;)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i think apt have already mounted 3 ls engines and transmissions in s-bodies now and are becmoing pretty handy at it. they achieve a fit like factory and if and when i raise the funds and bottle then thats gonna be my weapon of choice. no turbo, no gizzmos, just 6 litres of grunt chucking out 500hp with just a simple cam and map change:cool:.