What's new

MPG

Reaction score
i don't care what mine puts out... lol....

it runs fine.... that's all i'm worried about. the go go pedal does what it should when i push it a little harder etc...

didn't get the car with MPG in mind, if that was the case, i'd have something with "hdi" or "CDTi" in the title...

i prefer to think of the car on more of a "smiles per miles" basis... when this is gone completely.... then i know i've got problems! HAHA

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Checking you MPG is a very good way to tell if something has gone wrong with your car. If it suddenly drops from the average, you should start looking for problems :nod: I can probably afford to run the S15 better than quite a few of you, but I still like to know the fuel economy. The Hilux is worse than the S15... :nod: :p

Reaction score
yea, i agree fully nicely.... but, due to my driving style never being the same consistantly over a tank.... and i reckon i only fill the car once every 3 weeks.... it's not something i can keep tabs on.

Reaction score
Thought I'd drag this up rather than starting a new one... I was mighty happy :nod: that with a mild right foot and 393m round trip to wales I used 48litres.

About 36mpg I reckon at a cruising 80 ish !! :)

P

Pazz

30 litres used for a repeated work journey route of half motorway half inner city driving and managed 31 mpg (220ish miles). I was pretty much a wimp with how low I would go as to the fuel light coming on. Pretty much stock motor with decat. I would normally floor it when joining motorway :)

Not half bad for a 250bhp motor. Fuel economy put me off considering an RX8. They struggle to hit 25mpg combined. Anything similar to the S15 SR20 on performance and economy would have to be diesel.

Reaction score
Anything similar to the S15 SR20 on performance and economy would have to be diesel.
:nod::nod:

Too right. Think I'm stuck with mine for a while. Just such good value vs performance (not as good as the S14 but then the looks alone kick that argument into touch)

G

gunner93

Nicely's 277 rwhp (1.2 bar boost) = 25mpg

Mine 224 rwhp (0.8 bar boost) = 21mpg

That's miles apart! Damn!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I drove down to Jez for my mapping last year, was around 500mile one way :eek:, crusing at around 80 (;)) in 6th, I got 30mpg on the way down with 277bhp, on the way home I got 32mpg with 320bhp :D

G

gunner93

Topper's 320rwhp = 32mpg

Double Damn!! :rotfl::rotfl:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
My MPG would be higher if I did constant motorway driving. My 26mpg average is mixed driving with a number of blats ;)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
you guys don't want to know what my MPG is (19.5 MPG average and the best I have ever got is 26.5 MPG). I am only doing short trips, so I use way too much fuel. The benifit is that I only fill up every 3 weeks.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country

Topper's 320rwhp = 32mpg

Double Damn!! :rotfl::rotfl:
320hp is at the fly, not wheels (also 1.2bar boost)

But like meddler, thats not normal, the only reason i got it so high was because i was crusing the length of the country, normally when i take her out, i doubt i'm over 25mpg.