What's new

Its back!!!! :D

Reaction score
Hi guys!

As some of you know my car has been off of the road for a loooooong time but finally got it back :D I had the gearbox rebuilt even though it was fine.... I got a new clutch from Exedy... and fitted a new spiggot bush in the fly wheel now its all fine :thumbs:

When I first test drove it, it wouldnt stay in 6th so had to go back to the gearbox builder for another couple of days :( Obviously he fixed it for free, the problem was caused by him fitting the 6th gear syncro hub the wrong way round :wack:

Now its perfect (except a dodgey coilpack) but I cant drive it properly because of the weather!!!!! lol

Also whilst it was off the road I fitted my FMIC :thumbs: Ill get some pics up in my project thread after I have fitted all my Christmas presents

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
cool - bet its great to have it back :nod: how much did the box rebuild cost in the end - and has it made the box perfect again? did they mention if its possible to get heavy duty bearings of the same design that can be fitted? sorry for all the questions, but as soon as someone finds a builder that can strengthen or at least iron out some weaknesses on the box i will be there:D

Reaction score
Nice one mate glad its all sorted! :thumbs:

Thanks mate :)

cool - bet its great to have it back :nod: how much did the box rebuild cost in the end - and has it made the box perfect again? did they mention if its possible to get heavy duty bearings of the same design that can be fitted? sorry for all the questions, but as soon as someone finds a builder that can strengthen or at least iron out some weaknesses on the box i will be there:D

HAHA no worries mate! The box is perfect now yeah... The rebuilder said it was very good any way, I also asked him to check out the 4th gear circlip which he did but it had already been modified and wasnt the same as the diagram I printed off!?

He didnt say anything about different bearings but to be fair I didnt ask him, he seems to think the box is already strong enough any way!?