What's new

OBD2?

S

S15 SILVIA

Hi all.
Im looking at getting a few parts together before i get my s15.
Im currently looking at a Greddy informeter touch, and it comes with an obd2 plug, for most modern vehicles, other leads are available for different applications at extra cost.
Just wondering if someone could tell me if S15's are fitted with obd2 ports, or is it the old Nissan can bus plug?
Also where is the diagnostic plug mounted? under the dash, or bonnet?
Many thanks
Mike
:confused:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
plug is under the drvers side lower dash (little removable panel) couldnt tell you what type of port it is though....

S

S15 SILVIA

Cheers.
Did they use this Nissan can bus thingy on all age s15's, or do the newer types have obd2?
Hear the can bus thingy has it's own power suply unlike the obd2.
Thanks

G

Giff

I strongly doubt that they would have changed it to OBD2 on the later cars.
Although it became a requirement in Europe in 2001 (1996 in the USA) the Silvia was only ever offered as a JDM model.
Someone with a 2002 model should be able to confirm that they still have the Consult port.

S

S15 SILVIA

Anyone know anymore on this? Do the 2002 models have the Nissan consult system or obd2 port, looking to buy a 2002 model, so would just like to check.
Pointless buying the optional Nissan adaptor lead if it's not needed!
Mike

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
They all have consult.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I used to have the old informometer with my S15 and it came with an adapter which fitted. It would be pretty funny if the old informometer worked with the S15 and the new one doesn't.

G

Giff

It looks like Greddy do a converter specificly for the Nissan Consult system to be able to use the Informeter.
No sign of how much on their website.

S

S15 SILVIA

Well I've ordered an informeter touch, should get it in a week or two. It says it comes with an obd 2 plug, but I've also ordered the opional Nissan consult plug adaptor! Won't be able to tell you which one I use, because I havnt even got a silvia yet. I'll take a couple of pics when I get it, showing the different plugs.
The Nissan consult plug is apparently 14 pin.
Post some pics soon.
Mike

S

S15 SILVIA

Recieved my informeter. Looks a nice bit of kit.
Had a look at the optional Nissan consult cable I bought, and it's only got 4 or 5 pins. Does that sound right?
I'll try get a couple of pics up tomorrow.
Mike

S

S15 SILVIA

Heres a couple of pics.
Looks a nice bit of kit, just need the car to put it in now! LOL
It has 5 pins too
Mike